Bigtrx34

520H 2019-2020

Mudrig150

Pull the cam cover and check the flyball spacer. If it's plastic, replace it with a metal one. The plastic ones can get loose and make the engine surge and overrev. If it's tight, replace it anyway. It's only a matter of time...

Also, check the intake seal. The intakes on the P and B series are notorious for getting leaks between the 2 riveted pieces, causing the engine to develop a vacuum leak. If it's leaking, drill out the rivets, reseal with gasket maker, and then drill and tap it for screws.

• Like 1

Bigtrx34
2 hours ago, Mudrig150 said:

Pull the cam cover and check the flyball spacer. If it's plastic, replace it with a metal one. The plastic ones can get loose and make the engine surge and overrev. If it's tight, replace it anyway. It's only a matter of time...

Also, check the intake seal. The intakes on the P and B series are notorious for getting leaks between the 2 riveted pieces, causing the engine to develop a vacuum leak. If it's leaking, drill out the rivets, reseal with gasket maker, and then drill and tap it for screws.

Thanks for the info, I have a G series 220 my intake is already done I will look onto the fly ball next. Was not going to open the motor yet as I have not heard this thing run but I've got the flywheel off so.......why not right! 😜

Mudrig150
4 minutes ago, Bigtrx34 said:

Thanks for the info, I have a G series 220 my intake is already done I will look onto the fly ball next. Was not going to open the motor yet as I have not heard this thing run but I've got the flywheel off so.......why not right! 😜

Best you do it now, like I said, it's only a matter of time before the plastic flyball spacer gets loose, plus it's right there.

Edited by Mudrig150

Bigtrx34

Parts on order, thanks Mudrig150 for the heads up. Mine has the extension tab and was tight but just barley makes contact with the knockout. 

0310201503_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Bigtrx34

Stuck at work today and waiting on the Onan parts to show up anyway. Most should be here on Monday so I hope by next weekend I will can test and tune the old girl.

Update Tues the 17th: alright now I am PO........... Im fine with no TP, I'm fine with half the people gone from work, heck I'm fine with all the kids off school but dang it all when shipping is delayed and I cant get my horse parts in well that just boils my giblets!!!!! 😰😭😭😭 hope everyone is doing good

0314200814.jpg

Edited by Bigtrx34
Mad about shipping
  • Like 1

Bigtrx34

First time she has fired in about 4 years, still needs a lot of work but it is alive. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Mudrig150

Looks like yours runs about as well as mine.

Edited by Mudrig150

Bigtrx34
19 hours ago, Mudrig150 said:

Looks like yours runs about as well as mine.

Yep mine took a lot of carb tweaking but now she sings like bird. Did not help that my fuel source was 2 feet below the pump. Hooked up to the tractor tank and that fixed about 85% of my issue. Next up is to find the oil leak that I missed.............my hope is I neglected sealant on one of the timing cover bolts, not that the new crank seal I put in is bad. 

• Like 1

19richie66

Looking good. Never owned a 520 but I can appreciate the work that’s gone into it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Bigtrx34

Took a min away from the 520H to install a "needed" piece of equipment!! Got a chance for a used dust collection system that was to good to pass. We just got shutdown for three weeks here in Michigan so time to upgrade a few things.

0323201602.jpg

• Like 4

Pullstart
15 hours ago, Bigtrx34 said:

Took a min away from the 520H to install a "needed" piece of equipment!! Got a chance for a used dust collection system that was to good to pass. We just got shutdown for three weeks here in Michigan so time to upgrade a few things.

0323201602.jpg

Sweet!  Is that for paint, wood, grinding, anything?

Bigtrx34
40 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Sweet!  Is that for paint, wood, grinding, anything?

All of it, going to run a main line down the middle of my garage and branch off of that for everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bigtrx34

Under her own power!!!!! Still have lots to do but she is under way! 

• Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

Bigtrx34

Just got a call from my buddy who his neighbor has a 75 c160 he wants out of his yard:D. Dont want to get my hopes up but I am excited about the possibility of getting it. Comes with a short single stage snow blower, snow plow, chains, and a 40 something RD deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bigtrx34

Still waiting to hear on the c series, not a big deal. Most of the work is done on the 520H that can be done right now. I need to get the central vac set up but no stores are open for the supplies I need. 

I set out yesterday to get the garage cleared up, transferred about 40 gallons of used oil into transportation barrels in order to take them in when I'm able to get out of the house. I was able to get the blades on the 312-8 as well as all new deck wheels. 

When I can get out I would like to get some texture coat to put on the lift. I found that during the winter months the ramp becomes slick as frog snot. 

My 12x12 barn style shed in the back yard is far to small for my "herd" so plan is to expand this summer if I'm able to go as big as needed I will post a vlog of this build and share the links, may post to my youtube channel. The idea would be raise the loft 2 foot and kick the sides out 8 foot each side making it into a "horse stable" barn style

Hope everyone is doing well stay safe everyone!

0413201932.jpg

0413201932_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Bigtrx34

Getting a little more work done today. Setup the new blast cabinet. Got a load of wood dropped off this morning, now just waiting for clear to set so I can polish it.

0417201610a_HDR.jpg

0417201610_HDR.jpg

0417201607.jpg

• Like 4