mikeeyre74

What is this creature?

gwest_ca

The engine code numbers may reveal the year of manufacture.

Looks like the top of the hood was red in 1984. Click on the picture

Garry

Sparky
1 hour ago, Lee1977 said:

I think it's an 518 commerical. Look at the motion control rod. I though they all had Onans, maybe it's a prototype.

Nope. The 500 series has the full gage package with the different hood at the steering wheel end

mikeeyre74

After doing a bunch of searching, I am pretty positive it’s either a GT 1800 or a GT 1848. Other than the year, is there any differences between these two machines?

Serial tag for engine.

that’s the tag on the engine, 422437 for the model and 1899 E1 for the type. Does anybody know if that helps for the date code?

wildman

Looks like 2002 for the engine

mikeeyre74

Hmm... so it’s got a newer engine. No wonder the carburetor and everything else about it is so clean! :D

c-series don
17 hours ago, Sparky said:

Just saw your pics. The Gt1800 series came with the deep and wide rear rims and the smooth front tread pattern like yours has. 
  The Briggs GT’s also don’t have a separate choke knob. The throttle when brought all the way up closed the choke. I don’t see a separate choke in your pics.

17 hours ago, Sparky said:

Just saw your pics. The Gt1800 series came with the deep and wide rear rims and the smooth front tread pattern like yours has. 
  The Briggs GT’s also don’t have a separate choke knob. The throttle when brought all the way up closed the choke. I don’t see a separate choke in your pics.

I have owned my Work Horse GT-1800 since brand new and it most certainly has a a separate choke cable.

Edited by c-series don

Sparky
19 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I have owned my Work Horse GT-1800 since brand new and it most certainly has a a separate choke cable.

Hmmm....maybe it was the GT 1100 with the single cylinder Briggs that didn’t have a separate choke.

Or, I could just be straight up wrong about the choke stuff :eusa-think:

c-series don

I believe it’s the LT series you are thinking of?