Sign in to follow this  
acsousa82

Clinton Engine Model 777A

acsousa82

I came across a nice surprise today. My wife and I were on our way to church when in the corner of my eye I saw what looked like 3 Kohler K90s on the curb for garbage. Being the tinkerer that I am, one the way home I stopped to see what type of free goodie I could get my hands on. Well, they were not K90s but Clinton engines, Model 777A. I saw that one had its original tag and compression and grabbed it. After a close look, I found that this was a 1.5 hp, 3200 RPM engine. Although a little small for a ride away jr, still a nice engine to tinker with.

Does anyone know where I could fine a repair / owners manual? I can't seem to find any info on a Clinton engine with less than 2 hp. Any idea what such a small engine would be used for? Thanking you in advance for your help.

Alex

_______

New Jersey

:omg:

formariz

I wonder how you pick up these bad habits.Not even on the Lords day you can stay away from it.

wallfish

I think this is what you're looking for. PM me with your email address and I can send you the the whole file. I also have a spec sheet too

sevicemanualpg1-1.jpg

clintonnut

Hi,

Nice find!! What were the other 2 clintons? If you need help or parts for them just join my forum which is http://clintongas.18.forumer.com. I do have a manual for the engine that has the part diagram and numbers. PM me if you would be interested in one.

These engines were usually used on small garden tractors like the choremaster and the mellinger (steel paddle wheel walk behind tractor)

Good Luck

Charlie

acsousa82

I wonder how you pick up these bad habits.Not even on the Lords day you can stay away from it.

Cas - I guess it runs in the family. Something about an acorn not falling far from the mighty oak, or something like that. :drool:

Thanks for the great info guys, I would certainly appreciate any resource materials. This will be my first swing at a Clinton engine. :omg:

Alex

______

New Jersey

acsousa82

What were the other 2 clintons?

Charlie - At least one other was a Clinton, at least it looked like it as it had no tag. It was in pretty rough shape, but a part of me wishes I grabbed that one too. Self restraint got the best of me.

Alex

_____

New Jersey