c-series don

EZ-Rake model 100 restoration

ebinmaine

Nice find.

I'll be following along.

Either color would be cool. I'm torn on that....

Leaning a little towards white.

JCM

Nice rig Don, when I bought my Super A back around 1986 I repainted the tractor IH red and the Belly Mount mower the original white color and happened to find a picture of it this afternoon and hoping to post some pics tonight after dinner along with a few other toys from way back. I think the white looks sharp with the wheels white in your case JMO.   Good luck with the fabrication.

• Like 1

Digger 66
2 hours ago, c-series don said:

I figured I’d start a thread on the restoration of my EZ Rake. I purchased this from a gentleman in Illinois about a year ago and I’m just getting around to mounting it. I looked for years to find one of these and finally found it in the classified ads in Lawn and Garden Collector magazine. I’m not sure what it was made to mount on but not a Wheel Horse! I’m going to use an old mule drive and cut the bearing shaft off, then use the pieces of angle iron that came with it. After the fabrication work is done and I do a test run I will completely disassemble it, sandblast to bare metal, prime and paint. All hardware will be replaced with stainless. I’m not sure if I’m going to paint it the original white or red. From what I have gathered it was available in either or. I’m open for suggestions!! 

This will be a cool one to follow however I will make no further paint color suggestions in this or any thread :ph34r:

Edited by Digger 66
  • Haha 2

dells68
23 minutes ago, Digger 66 said:

however I will make no further paint color suggestions in this or any thread :ph34r:

No problems buddy, just as long as it’s not peach!  Only two colors most of us can see are red and almond/linen white!:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

c-series don

This afternoon I tack welded it to the mule drive. I used a snowblower lift flag and tube for the lifting mechanism, it works great. Here’s some pictures of it raised up.  

E61F5E49-AAC4-4BA1-84F6-AB69F70A9873.jpeg

C7A7A528-5FFE-4F6C-A96D-265DC1672A89.jpeg

30F996C6-80FA-4C26-B0FE-BD4944DD84E5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
16 hours ago, Digger 66 said:

This will be a cool one to follow however I will make no further paint color suggestions in this or any thread :ph34r:

Paint it pink or peach or blue or skittles Digger :handgestures-thumbupright:  I promise my feelings won’t be hurt :laughing-rofl:  I might need to build me a Wheel Horse Harlequin edition to make it up to you, huh?

540F3C29-4964-4544-9396-BB9F36AC1E82.jpeg

• Haha 4

Stormin
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 2:51 PM, pullstart said:

540F3C29-4964-4544-9396-BB9F36AC1E82.jpeg

That would make a great getaway car. Really confuse the witnesses. :D

• Haha 4

c-series don

Update on my EZ Rake. Sorry I should have taken more pictures. After welding the bracketry, I took it for a test run and it worked great! Next I completely disassembled the entire unit, sandblasted the deck/shell and belt guard. Everything else was glass beaded down to bare metal. I then primed all the components with rustoleum clean metal primer. Next I painted everything that used to be white,  Rustoleum sunrise red. I found out these came in both white or red and I couldn’t find the proper off white color so I went with red to match my C-161. I’m now ready for reassembly.

6145FA77-1616-4BAD-A899-C11365A1FFD7.jpeg

68BF3614-5D81-476E-8878-FF1821E16162.jpeg

B98BF09D-A7E3-4175-81AC-F026FB994F46.jpeg

0F7BA289-8CA2-4BA7-AD9E-CE02368A25E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

ebinmaine

Beautiful work Don..

• Like 2

Bigtrx34
On 2/20/2020 at 4:20 AM, ebinmaine said:

Beautiful work Don..

:text-yeahthat: very well done 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Well done sir!!!

• Like 1

c-series don

Thanks Eric! Now I’m not sure if I want to use it and get it dirty 😂 However I did purchase it to use so come spring she’ll be put to work. Or maybe I’ll bring it to the show and wait till the fall to use it. Fall is a better time to de-thatch anyway!!!😂

• Like 1

Jennifer

Looks brand new!!  Very nice job!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, c-series don said:

maybe I’ll bring it to the show and wait till the fall to use it

I like that idea.

Cool to show stuff... But they're built to work.

• Like 1