The Tuul Crib

Sunstrand rebuild

pfrederi
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Used parts may be able to be found, I had to use a roofing nail as a replacement for the one with the head broken off.

:confusion-confused:    The valve at the front of the Hydro Gear is the Reverse valve and the one at the rear is the Forward valve.

That is why I ended up having to replace the whole Hydro Gear and swap out the output gear eight years ago on my GT-14. None of the valves would come out as a result of the pounding they had been subjected to.

Richard glad you posted this I was just going to ask if anyone had a replacement for that spring seat (7051) seems whenever the springs fail it is destroyed also.

I lucked out took out the small plug on the head of the housing and was able to use a small brass drift pin to "encourage" the reverse valve out!!

Richard  i hesitate to "question" your comment about the forward and reverse valve. but I do think they are the same in a hydro gear. Parts manual shows 2 of each component of the valves.  no different forward backward....perhaps you were thinking of the piston to piston they ARE different.

Edited by pfrederi

The Tuul Crib

So according to this part 77 and 71 it shows two of each. So they are both the same . This is the trans l have 90-2046

36AEA2DC-E138-4E2A-9110-45DF895CC323.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut
3 hours ago, pfrederi said:

hesitate to "question" your comment about the forward and reverse valve. but I do think they are the same in a hydro gear. Parts manual shows 2 of each component of the valves.  no different forward backward

It appears you are correct. That is something I was told years back and never questioned.  Perhaps it was a statement about the piston and sleeve assembly being matched parts.       

Never hesitate to question what any of us tell you. We all want to put out the most helpful information we can. If an answer is not correct or is ambiguous it needs to be cleared up before it becomes quoted in other posts.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3