bbvetto

312-8 Starting to Reassemble

oliver2-44

Nice, I restored a 312-8 for my son about 5 years ago.

Did you do any work to the engine or transmission?

peter lena

bbvetto, nice job on that , hope you detail a number of improvements into it as you go along, to eliminate problems.  keep us informed , pete

The Tuul Crib

Good looking project so far the 12 horse is a great motor . I'm going through one right now putting new rings and re-doing the valves.

bbvetto

The motor and transmission were perfect, newer motor

I am correcting the known upper steering shaft bearing problems.......adding a two bolt flanged 

sealed ball bearing

I will post pictures.........if it works out

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977

A lot of use have done something simular. We use the 6472 bearing from Toro. the same bearing as on the steering shaft below. It's not a ball bearing  and it's smaller fit in , just need to drill two holes.

SAM-1015.jpg

peter lena

bbvetto, have  3 of these in my horses, https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1080247810691489817?biw=1024&bih=625&sxsrf=ACYBGNSIo2-mfuGiuNbB1FIYfawqS6XsmA:1579870629142&q=2+bolt+flange+bearing,+3/4+"+&oq=2+bolt+flange+bearing,+3/4+"+&prds=epd:16678496314124912979,prmr:3&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEvu_mpJznAhWIVN8KHRNrAZ8Q8gIImgM  . i have used the added strength of the housing to reinforce the entire area , there is no flexing at all , you can really strengthen the bearing shelf around this . for 8 $ on the net , its the deal, pete

Pullstart

@bbvetto the project looks immaculate!  Thanks for sharing!

953 nut

:WRS:

Love to see a :wh: getting some much needed love. Looks like you are doing a great job, those 8" front tires will make it ride a lot better.