Sign in to follow this  
Prater

10HP Kohler ID?

Prater

Went over to pick up a 16hp block and ended up comng home with this engine from a Wheel Horse. The PO said it was an old 50's or 60's Horse that it was pulled from but did not know if it was original. The serial number indicates an 80's engine, Any idea? Serial number is 10049789 and the bottom plate seems to be fro part of the frame.

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Ended up wit a Kohler verticle shaft also if anyone is interested.

IMG_0235.jpg

WHC-125

I wish you were closer because that 10 hp would be good in my C-160

Duff

Steven, I'm going to take a SWAG (scientific wild azz guess) that bottom plate may be part of what I've heard the guys here call a "shaker mount." Don't know anything about 'em, but I've seen the term pop up here from time to time and it looks like some rubber bushings around the mounting bolts. :drool:

Experts?

Duff :omg:

JimD

my c85 has that mount.

WH854

That is Called Engine Cradle here it is.

14R10034.gif

IF that was not on your tractor it would rattle your teeth, also your PTO hoop fits in a hole on the side. Actually it is a moter mount like in cars and trucks.

Chas :omg:

clintonnut

Hi

Looks like a K241AQS. Due to the base plate. There is a model number cast into the block 2 inches above the crankshaft on the PTO side.

Charlie

WH854

I have a K241S the Number on the side of block stamped K301. Brian Miller says

the blocks with that stamped on them can be used for 10,12,14 HP.Ijust read it on his site.

Chas.

TT

I just had time to look at this post and even though the decal is missing, I'd say this engine is a K241AS-46805D from a 1980 C-105.

It's black, mounted on an isolation cradle, has a 10hp decal, and the serial number denotes 1980. (early)

Chas is correct on the K"xxx" numbers that are sometimes cast into the PTO side.... they don't always mean what they say. :omg: