Herder

Bearing/Pulley Puller

Herder

Most of us have some type of bearing/pulley puller in our shop.  The down side is that most of them will only work on a bearing or pulley that is about 4-5/8 and smaller.  I have few different types that I have purchased over the years.  Recently I was trying to find one for larger pulleys because as you may know most pulleys on garden tractor are 4-5/8 and larger.  Well this was no easy task.  Not many available and the ones that are, are expensive.  And then I found this!!!  Pulls 5 to 7" pulleys. IMG_1538.JPG.2e0d891c0ef259ba3db43c2ec5b130bb.JPG   

AutoZone (online) Was a bit pricey, $100.00-free shipping and the wife went online before placing the order and found a coupon code for an extra $20.00 off.  About 85 bucks to the door.  Fairly heavy and well built.

IMG_1536.JPG.5d54f729e2c3d02677a78beb4a632813.JPG  

Worked like a dream.  This pulley was on pretty tight and came off without any damage.  POP.

IMG_1537.JPG.229acefcc6c8b6bb597a3c03dab24a0a.JPG

Next.

IMG_1540.JPG.a804cbc19db8eb53eb35a9b8af7991cc.JPG

Couldn't be happier.  So easy.  I may make a set of flat half moon wedges to go between the jaws and the outer edge of the pulley for lightweight meatal pulleys to keep them from bending.

• Like 8

ebinmaine

Nice!!

A quality tool yet frugal.

Well done herder and Mrs herder.

• Thanks 1

Herder
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice!!

A quality tool yet frugal.

Well done herder and Mrs herder.

Figured I would share the wealth.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pacer

I have not seen that type puller ----- and I LIKE IT!!

True to yer name , you 'herded' that right up into the corral:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1