Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Snow blower spring

Kelly

I put a snow blower on my C-141 this year love not having to deal with piles of snow :D But I think my arm is going to fall off if I have to pick it up one more time, manual lift.

If I leave the blower running when I lift it, my butt comes up off the seat( I'm not a big guy) and trys to kill the motor, I know unhook the switch, but it's the only tractor I have that it still works.

The flag has the eye bolt on it for the lift assist spring but I can't find a part no. for the spring. I tried springs from tsc and I can't find one that works very good to light or can't get the end around the frame cross bar that it hooks to. Help they say lots more snow coming. Kelly in MI.

gwest_ca

Model number 84311 (8-4311) at the Toro MPV will bring up spring number 4629. Read somewhere that it was no longer supplied with the snowthrowers after 1975 - available as an option only. You are using the top hole in the lift arm?

Garry

nylyon

I don't have a spring, or a tab on mine so I don't know for sure, but could you add 2 springs, maybe a longer eye bolt and really draw it in? I put the thrower on my hydro for that very reason. Working the plow after a while will give you popeye arms, I can just imagine the blower.

Rollerman

Kelly when I had my blower mounted on my C160 I used 2 trampoline springs. :P

It seemed to help quite a bit for my personal monkey rigging. :D

Kelly

Stephen, I looked high and low around my garage for some tramoline springs I picked up at the junk yard thinking I might need these some day,(the pack rat in me) but I couldn't find them anywhere :D . I'll have to do some more looking. I can't wait till I get my floor in the big barn so I can spread my stuff out and put some order to my mess.

And that would be Popeye arm, not arms. Thanks Kelly

Curmudgeon

Simple, eat more PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:( :D

kpinnc

Now there's a person who thinks like me!

Good call Dale! :D

Kevin

Kelly

How about I put a seat belt on the tractor so I don't lift off the seat!!

I got the blower tractor out and blew what I could,( I know why they make cabs too I looked like a snowman) after all the snow we got, about 8" then I hopped on the plow tractor to finish up, It felt like the plow was a feather compaired to the blower. I need to dig up those springs. Thanks for the ideas, not sure about the pizza. Kelly in MI.

baerpath

Stephen, I looked high and low around my garage for some tramoline springs I picked up at the junk yard thinking I might need these some day,(the pack rat in me) but I couldn't find them anywhere . I'll have to do some more looking. I can't wait till I get my floor in the big barn so I can spread my stuff out and put some order to my mess.

And that would be Popeye arm, not arms. Thanks Kelly

\

:P Don't worry Kelly around May they'll roll out to the middle of the floor and you'll trip on them :D

Duane

Rollerman

Well Kelly if ya eat enough Pizza you won't need that seat belt. :D

combatmp29r

I agree Duane thats how it always works. I found the extra set of mower blades that were missing all summer yesterday :D :P