C_hasbeen

Topeka KS signing on with a 656

C_hasbeen
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Keep us posted.

I've done it...

Pulled it apart and a piece of red tag lint under the Reed valve, I pulled one out of the parts engine and compared the stiffness of both and went back with the stiffest one from the parts engine.  Back together and finished setting the carb took her for a run around the yard.  Need to do adjustment on clutch, it does not fully disengage and my brakes are not correct either.   I sure appreciate the help fellas!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

C_hasbeen
On 2/11/2020 at 8:59 PM, WHX24 said:

Love them tires.. debating whether to use them or Tru powers on a dually project...price is about the same... 6 ply too can dang near run them flat. Those tires are geared for compact tractors with 4 wheel drive. You will never wear them out. 

The 6 ply was what made me go with them, took a little more effort to mount but all in all not bad either.

C_hasbeen
On 1/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, RandyLittrell said:

Looking good!! I'm in Harrisonville, just south of KC. 

Randy

Hello neighbor!

• Like 1

C_hasbeen

I believe my belt is to short, it is 70 inches because the old one was but I did not think maybe my pulley is different size than previous people had on it.  I slipped the belt some to get the paint off of the new front pulley which helped some.  I may see what the next size up is.  Does this picture look like I should have more slack with clutch pushed down?

IMG_20200216_162837.jpg

rjg854

The belt guard is what will give you your answer 

• Like 2

Achto

:text-yeahthat: Without the belt guard installed there is nothing to stop the belt from spinning. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-yeahthat:

glad to see some lint was the only major problem with that engine!  She’s a beaut!

C_hasbeen
15 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Oh because it has that piece on the end so it would hold up the belt?  I best put it on tonight and see what happens.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, C_hasbeen said:

because it has that piece on the end so it would hold up the belt

Exactly.

The belt GUARD is the belt GUIDE on many tractors

Without that in place it won't shift or clutch right.

• Like 2

C_hasbeen
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Exactly.

The belt GUARD is the belt GUIDE on many tractors

Without that in place it won't shift or clutch right.

Well I just put my belt guard on and what do you know!  Shifts fine!  Now that I look at it while I was stuffing the belt in there from dangling down.  

• Like 2

C_hasbeen
22 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Thanks a million!

• Like 2

C_hasbeen
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

:text-yeahthat:

glad to see some lint was the only major problem with that engine!  She’s a beaut!

Yea me two!  My heard sank when I saw oil pouring out.

• Like 2

rjg854

No problem,  we've all been there at one point ;)

• Like 3

C_hasbeen

I am seeing in the parts diagram a support bracket for the exhaust pipe that has slots in it to bolt to the engine and has a u bolt that keeps the pipe secured to it.  I am missing this piece, is it something I should go and make up or is it over kill and not needed?

IMG_20200219_164501.jpg

ebinmaine

If you start and warm up the engine... And the exhaust doesn't fall... I wouldn't be to awful worried...

When the engine is hot the block expands and the elbow can loosen.

• Like 1

C_hasbeen

Finish the electrical last night charging system works, I need to put a choke cable on yet.  First start today choke and two revolution of the starter ang running.  After it is warm just bump the starter and running.  I think I will make an exhaust bracket yet.  I have calcium from one rear tire left from the old ones, I need to fill all of my tires yet and put on my wheel weights.  Will need to get it done won't be to long till I meet to get the new garden going.

IMG_20200222_131737.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Looks great!  I’d advise getting some more modern fill for your tires.  Calcium is known for rotting out the rims, unless you tubed them possibly?

• Like 2

C_hasbeen

My front weight I used 5 x 2 box tube 1/8 wall 12 inch long and capped the ends with 1/8 iron.  Oh and filled it with lead before welding on the last end cap.  I had some lead so I put the BBQ grill in over drive.  Now after it cools down I will clean it up with the angle grinder and ponder the mounting brackets.

IMG_20200228_194042.jpg

IMG_20200228_175518.jpg

IMG_20200228_180423.jpg

IMG_20200228_193557.jpg

• Like 2

C_hasbeen
On 2/23/2020 at 6:57 AM, pullstart said:

Looks great!  I’d advise getting some more modern fill for your tires.  Calcium is known for rotting out the rims, unless you tubed them possibly?

A friend at the tire shop said the same thing.  I have the liquid fill tubes but he just shook his head and groaned   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, C_hasbeen said:

A friend at the tire shop said the same thing.  I have the liquid fill tubes but he just shook his head and groaned   

Keeping calcium in tubes helps A LOT but isn't foolproof.

Rubber molecules can't contain air molecules long term so there's some evaporation on a very small scale.

The more fluid the better but filling a tube to 100% is nearly impossible.

• Like 1

C_hasbeen

Detachable front weight.  I made this bracket to mount solid on the tractor with a bolt on each side and the bracket butts up to the accessory mounting plate and sits solid against the front of the frame, the weight I slide in left to right and drop a bolt in it and it is solid.  Weld are not pretty but will hold fine, I used 1 inch axle shaft to stand the weight out in front a way.  Bracket and weight come in at 50 & 1/2 pounds, that should help with that heave cast iron plow.  Welds need cleaned up and paint applied yet. 

IMG_20200229_162850.jpg

IMG_20200229_162501.jpg

IMG_20200229_162519.jpg

IMG_20200229_162439.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

C_hasbeen

I kinda like how it turned out. After I get my chicken coop built rear wheel weights go on for plow time.

IMG_20200301_131800.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1