Stepney

new Commando 6

Stepney

Grabbed this little guy real cheap off CL over the weekend. Came with all the original papers, brochure, and a slip claiming a full engine overhaul in the 80's. 

Seems the last movement was the rebuilt engine's crank stub was broke off by an impact gun. they began repowering with a snowblower engine, but stopped when they found no way to do this outside of cutting the hood.. 

No idea the state of the original Teccy HH60. But it just so happens I have a NOS never fired H60 in my shed, for a WH.. and it came with the original tank and engine, pulley, etc parts currently removed. 

Ah well. Another project I really didn't need, but I haven't had a short frame in a while. Planning to mount my sickle on this one since it's a fair bit easier to move and store. 

Will likely end up repainting this one.. and shame about the original seat. It's almost perfect, but collapse of the foam claimed the edges like they all do..

Had a gorgeous '66 years ago with a red/white seat. May just try and find someone to do that. 

llLmkuKPRN+0D4N%csjCfg.jpg

VChI8aPYRfK00Xmk9nMbpw.jpg

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Kenneth R Cluley

Nice find, you guys just seem to find tractors all the time! Tripping over them almost! Not many to choose from down here. 

The Tuul Crib

Seems like what l would do ! Make 

room for just one more! They dont take up that much room ...right? 
Nice find!! 
:popcorn:

i need to ask...does it have a 32 inch deck or 36?

Stepney
1 minute ago, 305 said:

i need to ask...does it have a 32 inch deck or 36?

It is indeed a 36". 

ok....i was wrong

ebinmaine

Looks like a good little rig there.

Maybe Bob Ellison could help you out with the seat at some point?

Pullstart

Nice score!

I really enjoy my Commando 6, it”s become a o to worker for tugging around trailers, yard carts, etc.  It was fairly cheap on CL too!  Seems it was $80 or $85 and I had to put a carb on it.

579BDDB1-7422-4A62-A590-0E40E3CA9837.jpeg

8C13A742-1AF8-4D50-8249-7E7DAA78B4A9.jpeg

C936C5B6-98DD-4DE2-9B2E-420772040C2C.jpeg

C16E634F-99AA-4D4A-B529-4D4C79284EAA.jpeg

• Like 1

JCM

Kev, no wonder you have the whole family on WH's, here in Maine, Mass and N.H. it seems the going rate is between 1200,and 3500 $ from what I see, doesn't mean they actually get that I suppose.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, JCM said:

Kev, no wonder you have the whole family on WH's, here in Maine, Mass and N.H. it seems the going rate is between 1200,and 3500 $ from what I see, doesn't mean they actually get that I suppose.

Not from me.

@Stepney did you pay quite that much?

B)

• Haha 1

Stepney

A single Franklin took her away! First 'cheap' WH I've got that isn't hydro drive/hydro lift.. 

• Like 2

JCM

I guess when I was in the market buying WH tractors it was quite different then than it is now, I was always looking for one owner tractors that were kept inside and maintained properly and that is why I always paid a premium, but on the other side of the coin was all I had to do were oil changes grease, air filters and wash them until the ethanol issues sprouted up and through a wrench into basic maintenance. I see a lot of tractors on CL and wonder how they come up with their asking prices ?

• Like 2

Stepney
1 minute ago, JCM said:

I see a lot of tractors on CL and wonder how they come up with their asking prices ?

Funny thing about that. Now I remember 4-8 years ago buying a nearly mint 74 B100 hydro, deck, trailer, and snow blower, all for 375.00 with weights. 

And 100.00 specials were all over craigslist, often with nice paintwork. "Dads old lawn mower" or the like.

In the last 3 years prices have gone up quite a bit. Are they actually selling? No idea. I know when I try to nearly give things away they never go anywhere.. this Commando was 100.00 on Maine CL for over a month. I called on a whim because I expected it was long gone. 

..On the flip side, I'll see an ad go up for, say, a rusted out broken down C100 with a rotted deck, for some obscene price, and it'll be sold in a few hours..

Bought a gorgeous 1946 Massey Harris off CL for 700.00. At the time it had been posted a while.. 

Try and find a riding mower for that money now. 

1952666212_ScreenShot2019-11-13at12_06_21AM.png.2c6ceb76283696351539ded3cdf44d33.png

• Like 3