Sign in to follow this  
jimt1971

My Silver Raider

jimt1971

Here are a few pictures of my 1969-1970 Raider 12. I bought it at an auction for $30.00. The shifter ball in the trans was broken and of course it is a terrible color of silver. I plan to fix it up but not a full resto. I have already switched out the seat and rear fenders for better ones I had. Hope you enjoy.

Jim

Raider12rtside.jpg

>

Raider12ltside.jpg

Raider12Front.jpg

TJ

Tractor looks solid. Nice seat. :omg:

HorseFixer

Not a bad looking tractor :omg: I have seen worse for sure! Hey Jim what is that one top left in the background 704? 633? What in SaMs Hill mucked the grill up like that? :drool:

WHC-125

Not a bad looking tractor :omg: I have seen worse for sure! Hey Jim what is that one top left in the background 704? 633? What in SaMs Hill mucked the grill up like that? :drool:

Duke,

Looks a 604 to me

Bill,

Looks like a good sold tractor to fix up and put to work. Dont cha just love those seats from Lowes? :drool:

HorseFixer

Chris I think your right :omg: After zooming in on the saved pic that is not a round recoil like on a Kohler! Yep now I see the model # it's a Tecumseh H60-75064B on there! :drool: I can't quite make out the serial # can you! :drool:

TT

I say 502. :omg:

I kinda like the silver Raider..... but maybe it's because I really, really like the pewter tractors.

Edit: "Duh" on me! ! ! ! It says 552 right in his signature. (the recoil starter threw me)

WHC-125

The motor looks like its off of a snowblower :omg:

Brian1045

Is that a chrome muffler on the WH at the back right side. Looks pretty tough from here!

Where did you get that from?

TJ

Just noticed the Impala. Looks great! Is it yours?

jimt1971

Yes,

You are all right the one in the back is a 552 with a snowblower engine. The orginal engine went out years ago and that is what I had at the time. And yes that is a chrome exhaust tip on the 657. It needed a little bling. The car in the background is my 64 Impala SS 409. Hope you enjoyed the pics. I have more to come since I found out how to post pics.

Jim

CasualObserver

I can think of a lot worse ways to spend $30. :omg: Have fun with it. :drool:

pond195520032003

ss 409 :omg::drool: would like to have that!

Buzz

ss 409 :drool::drool: would like to have that!

I had the pleasure of meeting Jim, his wife, and his Impala yesterday at the Farm Fun Day show. I hope my drool wasn't too hard to get off the chrome air breather :omg:

"She's real fine his 409....."

jimt1971

Buzz,

Thanks for the kind words. Next year we are bring a few horse and leaving the 409 to sleep.

Jim

Buzz

I had the pleasure of meeting Jim, his wife, and his Impala yesterday at the Farm Fun Day show. I hope my drool wasn't too hard to get off the chrome air breather :drool:

"She's real fine his 409....."

Here's a picture of the proud owner and his Impala. The only thing it doesn't have is an air conditioner. He wasn't worried because they bought some :omg: for the ride home.

026.jpg