Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

My Tractor is on Ebay!

MaineDad

Guys,

Not sure if it is one of you, but someone is selling their dozer blade on eBay and is using my picture to sell it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-in-the-box-Dozer-B...93%3A1|294%3A50

I'm OK with using it, but it would have been nice to have been asked <_<

T-Mo

Micah,

That ebay name doesn't look familiar to me - I don't think it's one of our guys (I hope not). He is also showing two different tractors. The second tractor's photo looks to be off Toro's web site. I'm not sure that snow plow fits both tractors (I'm no expert here). :omg:

Duff

I agree with T-Mo. I had seen this seller on eBay a number of times but never was able to make any conenction to our group. Hmmmm...... :drool:

Duff :omg:

wheel horse 1045

bet its another scam,is there anything maine dad can do to notify someone on ebay?

CasualObserver

No, it's probably not a scam. He's got mostly good feedback, (looks like he got screwed by a tire-kicker who wanted to pay less at pick-up) and it looks like he deals in a lot of LGT parts. He merely borrowed some pictures for reference. Micah is just saying it would have been nice to be asked for permission. (or at least credit) Stuff like this happens all the time now that billions of pictures are just floating out there on the internet in public domain.

oldandred

Jason youre right I agree at least he could have ask or said this is so and so picture but some people really dont care

Im the owner of the CD group over in yahoo and I would never use any bodys picture for any thing.

Nick

Odd thing is the other tractor pictured is an xi that the blade will not even fit. :omg:

Butch

Maine Dad you should make a complaint to Ebay. It's more for Buyer protection.

He could be misrepresenting his item. I had bid something on Ebay and had noticed that two people had the same picture posted. Both items were used. I questioned the Seller and he notified Ebay right away. Ebay pulled the auction until the one that stole the photo came up with a different one. Turns out his item was in worse condition.

We all want to see the ACTUAL item we are buying.

dgoyette

hey Micah - did you post that pic in more than one location? Not a big deal - just a bit rude.

A nice compliment that out of all the pics he could have used the seller thought yours was the one he thought would best help sell!

HorseFixer

It would be nice for them to ask permission :drool: But now yer tractor is famous seen by millions! :omg:

MaineDad

That picture is on my blog from last winter. I may have posted it here or on MTF too. I'm going to email the seller and see what he or she says. I'll post the response here :omg:

MaineDad

Darren,

You should complain too. It's your dozer blade now :omg:

dgoyette

Darren,

You should complain too. It's your dozer blade now :omg:

Ha - I was wondering that!

Its a very nice blade but doesn't $550.00 seem like a lot. I know it is supposedly new in the box but still. Use it once and you have a used one anyways.

MaineDad

He removed the picture...

04fxdwgi

Guys,

Not sure if it is one of you, but someone is selling their dozer blade on eBay and is using my picture to sell it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-in-the-box-Dozer-B...93%3A1|294%3A50

I'm OK with using it, but it would have been nice to have been asked <_<

I guess "Vermontmowers.com" used your pic also. Seems Odd

http://www.vermontmowers.com/toro_5xi_Seri...ment_index.html

CasualObserver

That's the stock 5xi picture from Toro... Mainedad's was a different pic that was removed from the other listing.

canam1991

By the look of his feed back i bet is a scam or its not new

sysco

I have got some things form this guy and he sells over stock for toro . If he says its new it real is and his used parts are in better shape then hey says so when you get them your even happier then . He is a good guy and a big collector of wheel horse . I called his shop up and told him about the picture chat and he said he found the pic on google and was sorry anyone got angry about the picture. Then we talk about the dozer blades He said he just got 20 of them in to his warehouse to sell for toro :omg: