Sign in to follow this  
shedbound

Crack on bracket attaching rear to frame?

shedbound

I sat on the seat of my 702 and the whole rear including me moved. I looked underneath and there is a crack on the bracket that looks like it attaches the rear to the frame? Anyone fixed something like this (weld) or can a replacement cracket be gotten?

shedbound

yes it is, but the crack runs the entire plate. is it a difficult job to take this bracket off?

Brian1045

The rear end is only held on with 4 bolts. The job is really easy.

Just weld another plate inside the existing area. Don't weld it on the tranny side , but the front side of the tractor. You may need to get a 1/4" longer bolts to make up for the extra thickness of the steel.

Here is a pic:

http://www.baddads.net/855/IMG_9092.jpg

Here's what I did. I made a template from card board, torched it to size, then drilled my holes. Mine wasn't cracked that bad, so I didn't weld it, I just bolted her up.

IMG_2623-1.jpg

shedbound

Does any one have a link to a diagram for a 702 so I can see how to remove the cracked tranny plate/bracket

TT

The guys have already shown you the bulk of it and if you have a socket set and wrenches you should be able to pull it apart enough to plate the mount.

The mount is technically part of the frame and does not unbolt.

None of the online sites that I know of have this tractor model on an illustrated parts list. There's probably a scanned original manual in the Yahoo manuals group.

I also merged this topic with your first one since it's basically the same tractor/question/person.

:omg: