Sign in to follow this  
Kyforeman

520H Rear Hub

Kyforeman

I have over the past month been slowly getting my 520H up to speed as it had been neglected a little in its former life. I have noticed that one hub on the back has quite a bit of play in it and has worn some. The axle appears to be fine. My question is other than a 520H, what other tractors would share this same hub if I decide to look for one used verses paying about 75.00 for one with shipping. Anyone out there have a good extra one they would like to sell? As long as it didn't have any wear in it I would just as well pay one of you guys as to buy from the higher priced dealer.

Also are there any common parts like in the 300-400 series that these tractors share?

I will check back in this evening as I am on my way to pick up a 60 inch deck for it today. Going to trade my 42 inch RD for it even. Both decks are nice. I'm looking forward to the monster deck, but got to make sure my horse is not lame with one hub loose to hold up the extra mass.

Thanks in advance always.

Greg In Ky.

Model 51

What do you mean play? Does the whole hub and axle wiggle or what?

Kyforeman

What do you mean play? Does the whole hub and axle wiggle or what?

(I have noticed that one hub on the back has quite a bit of play in it and has worn some. The axle appears to be fine)

As I stated the Hub has some wear in it and the axle is fine so I really dont understand your question as I tried to word my question correctly, but I will try an ask it in a different way.

The hub has worn some and has created play and does wobble some after being tightened down. The axle nor key has any play.

I wanted to know if any other series like the 300 or 400 series were the same actual hub. And also if someone might have one that was good that they me willing to sale.

Duff

The experts may correct me (please do!), but I'm pretty sure the five bolt hubs for 1-1/8" axles are interchangeable among most larger 300 and 400 series models including your 520. :drool:

If I had one I'd let you have it, but for the moment I'm stuck in 1" axle land.......

:drool:

Good luck!

Duff :omg:

EDIT: Mods, please forgive me - here's a set on eBay that might help you out.....

Item number: 350192900100

WH854

I am working on my C-105, trying to remove the hubs,got one off real easy,the other side I broke a hub puller on it,still in the same spot.but I noticed the hubs are thicker on this tractor,than the ones I bought on ebay. the ebay ones are about

1/4 " or a little thicker. The ones on my 105 are a little less than 1/2" thick. These

hubs are for 1 1/8 axels.The bigger the tractor the heavyer they are.Am I right?

Chas :omg:

Kelly

All the 520's I've seen have the thicker hubs, you can tell by the back side is smooth, and the wheel flange is alot thicker, and all 520's I've seen have two set screws about 90deg apart, you can drill a normal hub and install the second set screw, I think all the 1978 newer tractors with 1 1/8" axles have the thicker hubs, but not always two set screws, but I could be wrong won't be the first time.