Mudrig150

It was already broke???

Mudrig150

My dad's buddy recently dropped for a new Deere 2025R, he ordered it from the local dealer and got it delivered. They scheduled delivery for 3:00 PM.

6 PM rolls around and they show up, with a nice shiny new tractor. One guy was there to unload it, and after he was done, he rushed off as fast as he could.

My dad's buddy was happy to use it, but after only a half hour of driving it, he noticed it was pulling to the left, so he checked it out.

The hood was scratched up, the grille was bent, one of the mounts was broke off, the brush guard was bent, along with the tie rod on the left side, and the frame was pushed back in the front.

There were already stress cracks in the bell housing, which made my dad's buddy suspicious.

He called the dealer, and within the same day they took it back. They checked it out, turned out one of the staff backed it on the trailer, and put it partially on the trailer ramps, then rushed inside to grab his hat, and he forgot to put the brake on. Tractor rolled forward and fell into a ditch, which bent the brush guard and busted the hood off. Not wanting to get fired, the worker quickly rushed it back onto the trailer and took it there, and that's why he rushed off.

The dealer was completely understanding, and my dad's buddy was comped by his insurance and they repaired the tractor for only the cost of carting it to and from the dealer.

Hats off to the dealer for not being totally scummy and blaming him for the damage, and repairing it almost free of charge.

Sparky

Happy ending :handgestures-thumbupright:

Was it brand spankin new?

If it was me I might of pushed for a new machine that hadn’t been damaged and repaired.

• Like 7

ACman

:scratchead:uhm..... :text-yeahthat: if anything ever happened like that when we sold a piece of equipment, it was on us to do whatever it took to make things right . That being a repair , new parts or new replacement . There would be no charge for delivery especially in this situation and his insurance wouldn’t even be in the equation . My :twocents-02cents:

Edited by ACman
  • Like 6

19richie66

I agree. I pay for a new machine, I want a brand new machine. I don’t want a damaged, then repaired, “new” machine. I want to put the first scratch on it 👍

• Like 3

ZXT

I think the dealer was pretty scummy for 1, employing someone as dishonest as that, 2, charging him a delivery fee for something that was a result of their negligence, and 3, for not giving him what he paid for; a brand new machine, on the spot.

Heads would've rolled.

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 4

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:

Stormin

I would have refused to accept it. New or not and demanded my money back.

• Like 1

Mudrig150

Now that I think about it- Yeah, they should've replaced the tractor. I guess he just didn't realize that he could've gotten a brand new one. The dealer isn't doing too well right now, so maybe that's why?

And yeah, the employee who wrecked the tractor was just trying not to get in trouble, not really negligence, just a fear of getting fired, I guess.