Mudrig150

GT front fenders

Mudrig150

Trying to think of the front fender design for my tractors, mainly my 317 and maybe my 140. The fenders will be there to catch any mud flying off the front tires.

Trailer fenders are mostly too big, but are stiff, and would be a bit more difficult to mount.

SO! My idea?

Mudflaps! I'll take a pair of stiff truck mudflaps, cut them down, and drill holes for the mounting brackets, one straight up and one 90 degrees on its side. I'll drill and tap the top of the front spindles and mount the brackets there.

• Like 1

Achto
6 minutes ago, Mudrig150 said:

Trying to think of the front fender design for my tractors

I like the mud flap idea. If you wish to have steel fenders instead, here is one source for trailer fenders made for 8" wheels.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/CE-Smith/CE17717.html

There were a couple of choices on the site for steel, also have many in plastic you would just want to make sure that they are for 8" wheels only.

• Thanks 1

Mudrig150
24 minutes ago, Achto said:

I like the mud flap idea. If you wish to have steel fenders instead, here is one source for trailer fenders made for 8" wheels.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Fenders/CE-Smith/CE17717.html

There were a couple of choices on the site for steel, also have many in plastic you would just want to make sure that they are for 8" wheels only.

Well, mudflaps won't be as elegant, but they won't rust and are easily cut and replaceable.

• Like 1

Mudrig150

These are 18" long, and 12" wide. Cut each in half, drill holes for mounting, and, if I can find one, cut up a folding chair for the brackets. May not be elegant, but better then a filthy tractor. If I use rubber mudflaps, instead of the mount bending, the mudflap will deform, and also bending them is hella easier. As for the texture on the front, well, I'll leave it.

GT mudflap.jpg

Edited by Mudrig150
  • Like 1