Guest 88vic

701 air cleaner issue

Guest 88vic

So I put a K181 on the 701.  The hood interferes with the air cleaner housing, im thinking about seeing if there is a skinnier air filter option so the outer cover will clear.  I dont need much, maybe an inch or so,   so the bolts will go in back by the fuel tank. 

gwest_ca

There are some filter dimensions here. Click on the picture to see them.

Garry

• Like 1

Pullstart

Can you use the air cleaner from the 7 horse, or do you not have it?  Seems like even a K-90/91 air cleaner might work I recall?

• Like 1

Guest 88vic

I dont have the original motor.  I had a spare k181 from a 857 frame I had, so I used it.  Motor not great but itll get the job done for now.  Just working out the bugs.    I took it out for a spin just now for the firsr time.  I put all new wiring on the motor.  Sometimes wont shut off when the toggle switch kills power to the coil, im kinda confused.   Ill choke it to kill it.  Then restart it and it will then shut off when toggle switch is turned off. But seems like if it runs for 10 minutes or more, something overrides the switch. Weird. 

Guest 88vic

I did away with the amp meter, installed a volt gauge in its place, runs constant 13.1 - idle,  full throttle -13.4 volts.  Perfect in my opinion. 

Guest 88vic

It may be getting feedback from the field wire on the voltage regulator, I think I may have to install a diode on that circuit to prevent voltage going through the toggle switch to the coil.