Mudrig150

An introduction to me, Mudrig

CasualObserver

Nice intro, hope you stick around. Kids like you are the future of the hobby! My biggest advice is to use the search... theres literally years and years of knowledge and camaraderie if you just look for it.

Racinbob

:text-welcomeconfetti:Excellent introduction Mudrig. I enjoy seeing the younger generation showing interest in something other than video games. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your unique creations. :)

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

I just can encourage youself, to continoue your Way, it sounds correct to me.

your plan to build things unique, sounds maybe amitionated, but that all is a learning curve that never ends.

I don‘t care how old a person is, it depends on what he has solved allready.

Even with over 50 i am still able to learn things, they can be made simpler or easier or even better.

learning is a process, that never stops, if you do, your‘e fail.

Somethings will be a success, with some things you‘re fail, also that is a normal thing.

But however it goes, you can allway’s take a lot of knowledge out of both.

Knowledge can‘t be purchased or found, and nobody is fallen as professional out of heaven,

it has to be learned from success or fail or from experienced.

Somethings can be calculated or compared with existing things, 

but as Material improves and also your skills improved, you be a most wanted Guy to several Companies.

Continue you're Way as you did 👍

Aaaah forgotten:

you know, nothing was happen here without Picts.. 😂

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

We have several members your age and most of us started our mechanical obsession when we were your age or earlier. One thing we all have in common is a willingness to learn from each other and share the knowledge we have. 

Learning by doing is the best teacher, but asking questions before taking the plunge can save a lot of money and aggravation.

8 hours ago, Mudrig150 said:

Im a broke kid with a big imagination and plans for everything. I ain't making show tractors, just making em unique.

When you get rolling on your projects be sure to post a thread on each one, we have been known to help each-other along the way with parts and hard to find stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mudrig150

Thanks for all the support, guys. I'm trying to get into some basic metalworking, making muffler shrouds, sheilds, and all that jazz. Might start making a whole bunch of brand specific parts that are rarer, like WH belt guards and muffler shrouds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

'Ow do, Mudrig. Good your young and showing interest in GT's no matter the make.  Good luck with the sheet metalwork. Stick at it, listen and learn and who knows, you could end up running your own business in years to come. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to  :rs:Mudrig!!!   
You certainly have the right attitude and I’m sure you will have very positive future.  Good luck with your projects.  

• Thanks 1

JPWH

Welcome to Redsquare Mudrig. You have tapped into a vast amount of knowledge here at your disposal. All yours for the asking. Skill level will advance over time and is very rewarding with each little step gained. If something you try doesnt work dont think of it as a failure, use it as a learning experience. Patience seems to be a challenge for all of us but will improve over time as well if you work at it. Your ambition and willingness are a good base that will lead to success.

Good luck,

Jay

rjg854

:WRS:  glad to have you hang out with us :ychain:

ZXT

Thanks for introducing yourself! It's nice to be able to put a name with a face - this is something I haven't done, but I probably ought to sometime. 

I was born into a family that is mechanically inclined and was yanking things apart to see how they worked as long as I can remember. I cut my teeth on small single cylinder Briggs engines and it just kept on from there. I got out of it for a bit due to bigger 4 wheeled things with V8's, but my CC1650 laid down on me one day when I was mowing and I dug my dad's C141 out and that re-ignited the flame. 

Keep at it. What you're learning will prove very useful in the future. If you're good at fixing these things, you could probably start buying and flipping throw away mowers to help your "broke kid" status. I started bringing home mowers from a scrap yard I had the run of, fixing and flipping them when I was around 12.. Next thing I knew I had people bringing me stuff all of the time to fix. For my age, I had a decent amount of money. It was nice being able to go out and buy parts and tools without having to ask for help. You'll need a few specialty tools to start making your shields and what not, but it's definitely doable. I was at a swap meet a few weeks ago missed out on a super cheap plasma cutter because I didn't bring much money and I regret it. A plasma cutter and a sheet metal brake would make what you're wanting to do way easier.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tom2p

nice introduction mudrig

my recommendation - if you have not already started :

build an inventory of quality tools 

tool chest and tools

they don't have to be Snap On or Mac or equiv *** - but still high quality 

( *** if you plan to work with the tools professionally - Snap On or Mac or whatever might be the way to go )

quality tools are a great investment you will have for a lifetime 

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

tom2p

my first 'tractor' when I was a kid was a small lawn tractor almost identical to the tractor in my profile picture 

huffy 5hp (?) single speed with hard 'semi-pneumatic tires' lol

grew tired cutting parents grass with bad push mowers - so I found this tractor for $40

later - found a junker tractor - similar but better model with 3-speed transmission and pneumatic tires - and transplanted the transmission  and tires onto my tractor 

transmission sprocket was larger - so had to add a few teeth to the chain 

so - bigger front sprocket equals ... ??? ... you guessed it - more speed !

the 3-speed transmission with the larger sprocket transformed this tractor into a go kart !

and could ride wheelies for yards !

not long after this we got a used Wheel Horse - model 704 which I still have today 

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 3

ebinmaine

Nice intro @Mudrig150.

Stick around.

Keep asking questions.

Try New things.

You're headed the right direction already.

• Like 2