porschpow

920h no start

WVHillbilly520H

Seat safety switch is actually installed in the seat  between the pan and foam cushion (very expensive to replace) approximately 1.5-2" wide x 6-8" long with black and orange wires ... The neutral safety switch is under the instrument panel ... And yes the Molex if still there is usually under the battery box ...

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG2141.jpg

IMAG2081.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

porschpow

Thanks for the awesome pictures.

First picture shows the panel under the dash (console) removed? The first and second picture show the neutral safety switch?

The Seat safety switch you are saying is in the cushioning, so you can't really get to it without tearing apart the seat?

And what is the third picture of?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!  You are AWESOME!

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
45 minutes ago, porschpow said:

Thanks for the awesome pictures.

First picture shows the panel under the dash (console) removed? The first and second picture show the neutral safety switch?

The Seat safety switch you are saying is in the cushioning, so you can't really get to it without tearing apart the seat?

And what is the third picture of?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!  You are AWESOME!

Yes 1st pic panels removed... But also in the first you see the switch missing it's actuator arm 2cd shows a new switch with the actuator arm... The 3rd pic is an actual 9pin Molex connector pulled up (from under/beside the battery tray/fuse panel) over the muffler ... And lastly some pics of 1 &2)where the seat switch is located 3) where the seat switch would go in a non O.E. Seat 4) how to bypass the seat switch with a jumper wire.

20200130_160909.jpg

20200130_160950.jpg

20200130_161022.jpg

20200130_161102.jpg

953 nut
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

And yes the Molex if still there is usually under the battery box .

Any electrical connector under or near the battery is going to need some cleaning. A few decades of battery acid fumes will do them a great deal of harm.

• Thanks 1

porschpow
14 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Yes 1st pic panels removed... But also in the first you see the switch missing it's actuator arm 2cd shows a new switch with the actuator arm... The 3rd pic is an actual 9pin Molex connector pulled up (from under/beside the battery tray/fuse panel) over the muffler ... And lastly some pics of 1 &2)where the seat switch is located 3) where the seat switch would go in a non O.E. Seat 4) how to bypass the seat switch with a jumper wire.

20200130_160909.jpg

20200130_160950.jpg

20200130_161022.jpg

20200130_161102.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the pics! They speak a 1000 words!  I think my seat switch wire are jumped (looks like your picture)  I will take a photo of mine

Are the actuator switch parts relatively inexpensive? When you replaced yours? 

porschpow
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Any electrical connector under or near the battery is going to need some cleaning. A few decades of battery acid fumes will do them a great deal of harm.

True, thank you!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, porschpow said:

Awesome, thanks for the pics! They speak a 1000 words!  I think my seat switch wire are jumped (looks like your picture)  I will take a photo of mine

Are the actuator switch parts relatively inexpensive? When you replaced yours? 

https://www.partstree.com/parts/toro-115230/

porschpow

not bad! AGAIN, YOU GUYS ROCK!  

Looks like a got some work to do

• Thanks 1

porschpow

Update,

I cleaned up all the switches, rewired crappy solder jobs (pics attached)

Long story short, she runs. Thank you so much guys! U guess rewiring ad cleaning up the switches and contacts helped! I guess the white wire and red wire bypassed the plastic wiring harness....

Question, On the three fuse holder next to the battery, it seems the the middle fuse is missing the other wire (in the picture). I cannot find where there is a missing wire. Is this necessary?

• Thanks 1

porschpow

cropped_InkedIMG_20200315_164942_LI.jpg

cropped_InkedIMG_20200315_165658_LI.jpg

lynnmor

You should find a link within the body connecting terminals.

porschpow

I looked all around the area and couldn't find any loose wires

lynnmor
1 hour ago, porschpow said:

I looked all around the area and couldn't find any loose wires

Did you understand my previous post?

There is a link between some of the terminals WITHIN the black plastic housing.  Look at your top photo with one yellow circle, there is a link showing in that circle under the red wire.

porschpow

I am sorry, I don't think I am understanding.  From the look of it, it looks as though the wire that is supposed to go to that link to the fuse box (under the red wire) is not there. Maybe the wire broke off, corroded?