Too much red

Just acquired a wheel horse

CasualObserver

:WRS:

Eventually you just get used to the basic generalizations of the model numbers, and like all things, sometimes there are things that just don't quite fit the patterns.. otherwise you'll go mad trying to figure out where the oddball model numbers fit in!

There's only one model I know of with a 3 in the middle.... nobody knows where they came up with that one!

20170825_151226.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Too much red

Unfortunately the tractor supply down the road from me didn't have the battery in stock. So no go on cranking it over today. Still had a few moments to look it over. Aired up the tires to see if they would hold air overnight. There's a hitch assembly on the back that I have a question about. There seems to be a spot on it that accepts a pin and the frame is notched out in the same area. Am I missing a piece? My buddy also had another set of tires as well. They are skinnier than the ones on it right now. Are they for plowing snow or something? I'm throwing another picture of it up now that it's in my garage. Who doesn't like more pictures?

20190923_125702.jpg

20190923_125651.jpg

20190923_125721.jpg

Edited by Too much red
Spelling is hard lol
  • Like 1

953 nut
16 minutes ago, Too much red said:

There's a hitch assembly on the back that I have a question about. There seems to be a spot on it that accepts a pin and the frame is notched out in the same area. Am I missing a piece?

Lowell can fix you up with the lift cable.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/cables.html#!/Reproduction-Lift-Cable-for-Wheel-Horse-3931-see-application-chart-in-ad/p/84954740/category=23548045

17 minutes ago, Too much red said:

Unfortunately the tractor supply down the road from me didn't have the battery in stock

:confusion-questionmarks:    Our TS only stocks batteries for garden tractors in the spring.  Walmart is probably just as good.

• Thanks 1

Too much red
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Lowell can fix you up with the lift cable.

https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/cables.html#!/Reproduction-Lift-Cable-for-Wheel-Horse-3931-see-application-chart-in-ad/p/84954740/category=23548045

:confusion-questionmarks:    Our TS only stocks batteries for garden tractors in the spring.  Walmart is probably just as good.

Oh man, you better hope my wife doesn't find out who you are! Lol. I can see myself spending a lot of money on that site.

• Haha 2

Too much red

Well I managed to slip off to the garage today after work. Armed with a new battery and the desire to change gasoline into tiny fireballs, I managed to get her running. Couldn't get her to move but found a broken spring on the clutch side. Pulled out what remained of it and got the movement I needed to engage the belt. Drove her around the yard and revved at the wife while operating the throttle with needle nose pliers. 🎶 She thinks my tractors sexy 🎶

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Too much red

I just want to let you guys know that you all are very bad influences and I'm positive that you're doing it on purpose. My original plan was to tear it down and do a resto on it. After being told and reading around on here, i noticed Resto's ain't all that popular around these parts. So on a whim to see if all these random people on the internet knew what they were talking about, I wet sanded a rear fender with some 400 grit that I had laying around. Now I have a fender with character to cool to cover with new paint which means now I have to do the rest to make it match. My arm is aching! And it's all of y'alls fault! Sorry about the mess in the pic, like I said it was on a whim.

20190925_174805.jpg

20190925_174800.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

adsm08
14 minutes ago, Too much red said:

I just want to let you guys know that you all are very bad influences and I'm positive that you're doing it on purpose.

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I like it ... It's always a tough decision to resto or stay orginal. The fellas here have got me  brainwashed to orginal and sometimes I think the only reason I agree is even with the elbow grease it's much less work than a totall resto! End result is it's your tractor you make it your own. Another general consensus amongst us is if the original paint has been attacked, say with a terrible paint brush job, it is open for a full blown resto.

Hope this helps to confuse you more! :lol:

BTW thank you for crediting us as being bad influences.... anything to help a fledgling addict out! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Too much red

Ok, one last question on this thread (I hope). I'm putting the mower deck together and have some left over parts. I'm pretty sure they are not mower related so I was hoping you could tell me what they go to or where I can go to look it up and figure it out myself.

20191004_181127.jpg

Pullstart

Those look like extras to me, they don’t belong on a round hood mower deck.  The wet sanding looks good!  

Even crappy shop broom paint jobs look good with some wet sanding.  You could even do a clear or satin clear if you want to preserve it, or some Johnson’s Paste Wax.

Here is what wet sanding and Crystal Clear did for me... along with some other custom work.

4EBA7BEA-86C0-4A16-80E1-75196AB38833.jpeg

2D205183-EEEE-4904-9EB4-C1E370300910.jpeg

44CCCC1A-8A62-4D48-BB6E-176367F971FD.jpeg

DF1AF35C-D05F-4015-8CCB-7BC12FBC02E8.jpeg

7F0EA845-A24F-45CB-9321-7355BA95D4B7.jpeg

A5E6E4E8-0C38-473E-BE27-6EA272E61E14.jpeg

681D2BB6-9B7D-4AB0-A445-431FAA6D7B1A.jpeg

1B58AFAC-1D84-4D69-A10C-241BEE3CFF80.jpeg

5EE60372-FDFD-4953-904E-2D15F2B22B16.jpeg

8D97F4A9-599F-4F87-B5C8-528402516CF4.jpeg

A7DE8069-111D-48A7-9EDF-08A792EB0A93.jpeg

C6A982D3-FC90-41ED-B2BF-EDCD2A737D95.jpeg