Sign in to follow this  
cclay34

1968 cammando 8 engine no#'s ?

cclay34

Just bought whats left of a cammando 8, It's all pretty much there less a few pieces of sheet metal. The tag is missing on the engine so I was wondering if anyone here can give me the serial and model numbers for this engine so I can find parts. This tractor has been sitting outside for years so I'm sure I will need plenty of parts, at least the engine isn't stuck and it seems to have compression.

Also, would anyone happen to know what type of voltage regulator was used on this tractor ?

One more thing, the engine is cast iron but I noticed that the head is aluminum, is this normal or has someone changed the head ?

Thanks

Clay

TT

:omg:

The engine is a K181S-30108D 8hp Kohler.

The voltage regulator would be a 12V Delco-Remy and is technically specific to starter/generator small engines. (different calibration than a standard automobile regulator) Most any reputable automotive alternator/starter repair (or small engine) shop should be able to get you an aftermarket replacement. (I think the Stens # is 435-040 but check with a dealer to be sure)

The iron block/aluminum head configuration is correct for most K and Magnum series Kohler engines.