The Tuul Crib

312-8 Not charging

The Tuul Crib

Having issues with my 312-8  not charging every time I go to start it I have to jump it since these don't have a rectifier what do I need to do ?

WHX??

Bring the tractor to my place ... leave it for two years to make sure I fixed it.....:lol:

• Haha 4

Achto
23 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

since these don't have a rectifier what do I need to do ?

:confusion-confused:Not familiar with this set up on a Kohler. On a Briggs engine I would say check the diode on the single out put wire from the stator. If the diode is blown it will try to feed AC power to the battery causing a no charging symptom. Are you sure that there is no regulator/rectifier?

gwest_ca

For testing a good fully charged battery is required.

Page 8-10 of this manual

Garry

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

:confusion-confused:Not familiar with this set up on a Kohler. On a Briggs engine I would say check the diode on the single out put wire from the stator. If the diode is blown it will try to feed AC power to the battery causing a no charging symptom. Are you sure that there is no regulator/rectifier?

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find one.

Achto
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find one.

Next question - Are there two wire coming out from the stator or only a single wire? If there are two wires then there should be a regulator some place, maybe buried under the dash.

The Tuul Crib
Just now, Achto said:

Next question - Are there two wire coming out from the stator or only a single wire? If there are two wires then there should be a regulator some place, maybe buried under the dash.

It does have two wires coming out of the stater .  I’m going to keep searching because I have to be one somewhere.  If not could I hook one up in the electrical

system some how?

gwest_ca

There is likely a 2-wire connector on the wiring harness that comes out of the engine. One wire goes to the lights. The other will be the one that charges the battery. Pull the covering or tape off the wire on the engine side of the connector. You are looking for a diode that is about 3/16" in diameter and 3/8" long.

Garry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Like I said I'm not familiar with the charging system on this tractor. You should also pursue the advise that @gwest_ca posted.

• Like 1