PeacemakerJack

418-A “The ‘Tail’ of a Horse for Cindy”

PeacemakerJack

Can’t wait to see that one in person Jim...wait till we start showing our Super C’s together...that’ll be fun.  I have the first model year and you have the last, maybe Dan will stumble across the middle one and the WI LC will have all three😉

It was a really fun day to see Cindy working that horse.  I was so sick when I couldn’t get it started after all that I had done to make it an easy tractor for her to operate.  She has about a 2 acre total horse paddock area that she likes to keep groomed and the 418-A is for that specific purpose.  I’m hoping that as she uses it, she’ll see how convenient it is.  I need to make sure that she has a little yard cart to pull behind it and move stuff around.  

Anyway, when I pulled that fuel cap, I felt like an idiot but I was also extremely relieved.  My thought up to that point was that either the fuel pump had failed or that the carb float bowl was gunked up.  However, once we had the fuel tank full, it ran really strong, and I’m hoping it continues to do so.  I’m looking forward to checking with her in a week or so to see how the Wheel Horse is treating her and if she is getting used to using it...

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, Coulter Caleb said:

Dad suddenly took off the gas cap for the tank and the gas tank was bone dry.

Be thankful it didn't have a cupful of gas so it would run out when you were at the furthest point away from the barn.  :handgestures-thumbupright:    Had that happen once, now I always check first.     :text-coolphotos:      Glad she is happy with the 418.

• Haha 4

953 nut

:chores-mowlawn:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

c-series don

There’s not one person here on Red Square that hasn’t cranked the hack out of a tractor, gotten really mad it’s not starting only to look into an empty tank!! Correct me please if I’m wrong! 

• Haha 2

Mows4three
1 minute ago, c-series don said:

There’s not one person here on Red Square that hasn’t cranked the hack out of a tractor, gotten really mad it’s not starting only to look into an empty tank!! Correct me please if I’m wrong! 

I will admit that I have not turned the gas on before trying to start me 312-8 on at least one or five occasions.  

Cheers!

Dave

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I dunnitt

21 minutes ago, Mows4three said:

I will admit that I have not turned the gas on before trying to start me 312-8 on at least one or five occasions.  

Cheers!

Dave

And that...

:hide:

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

I need some help guys...does anyone have part numbers for gator blades for a 42” SD deck.  I went over to Cindy’s yesterday to cut some pasture for her horses and she thanked me very much for her Wheel horse.  She told me that it was the best lawn tractor that she had ever owned and very much enjoys using it weekly.  The blades are getting a little thin and I feel like gator blades would be a good fit for her application especially since she regularly cuts weedy, pasture areas.  🤔