Fuzz

Just got my first horse

gwest_ca

Where is the rest of the green wire? Is there a chance it went behind the flywheel and got chewed up? Was it connected to the coil end of the red wire behind the flywheel? Done properly it should have functioned OK.

You should not get enough power in the coil primary wiring to make a spark tester light. One one conclude the secondary high spark voltage is leaking into the primary wiring.

I am out of ideas.

Disconnect the green kill wire for now. You do not need a possible problem with the switch until you get spark at the plug.

Pull the flywheel cover off and look at the rest of it.

Garry

Fuzz
2 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Where is the rest of the green wire? Is there a chance it went behind the flywheel and got chewed up? Was it connected to the coil end of the red wire behind the flywheel? Done properly it should have functioned OK.

You should not get enough power in the coil primary wiring to make a spark tester light. One one conclude the secondary high spark voltage is leaking into the primary wiring.

I am out of ideas.

Pull the flywheel cover off and look at the rest of it.

Garry

The wire was never hooked up when I got the tractor that’s why I’m not sure where it’s suppose to go. I pulled the flywheel earlier and cleaned the magnet on the flywheel and the ignition coil. There isn’t much to these motors it has to be something simple. Is there a chance my plug wire is bad and I need to replace that ignition coil? Thank you for all your advice and help. 

gwest_ca

Did you try a new spark plug gapped at .025" ? They fail in mysterious ways.

Points are gapped at .018" - .020" ?

Was reading in the manual that when the points open and the secondary high voltage is created some of it returns in the primary and is absorbed by the condenser. Maybe that is why you were getting a light flash from the spark tester. If that is the case the high spark voltage must be there. This points to bad spark plug.

The only thing left is the coil.

Garry

• Like 1

MAWHguy2019

Welcome! You have come to the right place!

• Like 1

Fuzz

Just to give you guys a heads up. It’s been a couple weeks. No updates yet. Work and fall baseball for the boy has taken up all my time. I ordered an ignition coil just waiting for a free minute to throw it on. Thank y’all again for all your help. I’ll be in touch soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fuzz

Hey guys. How do I replace the ignition coil without removing the bearing plate? I’m assuming I can’t....

69CBAAA3-7D67-4AA2-91D5-F38E28E18825.jpeg

gwest_ca

You should be able to disconnect the wires and pull them through the hole. That style of spark plug connector should have a screw wound into the core of the wire. Just turn the hole connector to remove it. Screw is part of the connector.

Garry

• Like 1