JoeM

Steering Tie Rod Grease Holes

JoeM

Probably someone here has tried this and I am wondering if it made any difference. I drilled a 7/64 hole in a steering tie rod just above the ball and used a needle greaser to lube the joint. I know they make some swivels with fitting but I thought I would try one and see how it worked out.

Did not notice any easier steering but might prevent a wear out.

1927273716_TieRodGreaseHole1.jpg.37cc6af3ca2baf1149a895c90b8fed8b.jpg1148454188_TieRodGreaseHole2.jpg.0d8a4a192627497da907bfcc7e38987d.jpg

• Like 6

857 horse

I can tell from what i can see,,,this must be a serious snow machine....

What can you tell me about those tire chains on the front,???    Big help?? improved what.??   

Would you recomend them to the crowd....???   Any insight on the upcoming Winter snow.???

Vodka and OJ over a beer.??  Ethanol free gas.????

OK   enuff for now,,,, there might be a quiz later,,,,

I still think the chains thing is very cool..................:music-rockon::music-rockon:

• Haha 1

JoeM

Yes H, this is the worker! The chains serve both winter and summer.  At my home I have 230 foot of road frontage that has a 6 foot bank. I use this machine to pull a tow mower across the bank. The chains helped a lot with steering. Without them I have a couple places where it will not steer up the hill and then things get interesting.

Helps with tilling also.

Of course in the winter the benefit is good too for plowing. I have a gravel drive and not worried about marking up the concrete. I have gotten on the side walk some and it leaves tracks. They disappeared but took a good while.

I'll try to get some pics the next time I tow mow.  

• Excellent 1

oldlineman

They work great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!