Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

42 in deck

WHC-125

Are their any difference in the center spindles and side spindles on a 42 inch side discharge deck for a C series?

WHC-125

I used my model # 05-42MS05 and I didnt see the spindles :omg:

Buzz

I used my model # 05-42MS05 and I didnt see the spindles :omg:

Item #16 is the spindle assembly, quanity required is 3

can whlvr

I have two 42 inch decks 05-42ms05 and the spindles are all the same it is just the center pully that is different ihave interchanged them many times to have one strong deck and fix the back up as funds allowed :omg: :drool:

WHC-125

I just bought the deck yesterday and its in great overall shape but needs a on spindle replaced. I have a deck that I got with my 312-8 that I will take the center spindle out of because it doesnt have a left or right one.

WheelHorse_of_course

For what its worth...

Often they won't all look the same because one or more have been replaced previously.

:omg:

grinch1989

I just bought the deck yesterday and its in great overall shape but needs a on spindle replaced. I have a deck that I got with my 312-8 that I will take the center spindle out of because it doesnt have a left or right one.

Was this the deck that was on Craig's List in Torrington? Just curious...

WHC-125

It was the one on craigslist in Winsted

grinch1989

Nice man, I emailed the guy and he never replied. $100 was a good deal I think. I meant Winsted...same thing :omg:

WHC-125

I only paid $50(Thats what he wanted for it) :omg:

grinch1989

I'll give you $75 for it :omg:

WHC-125

I just looked at the deck i got with my 312-8 that I thought I could use the center spindle out of and it makes noise too :omg: Now I need to find a spindle, anyone have one laying around they are willing to part with :drool:

Duff

Chris, when I rebuilt the 37SD deck on my 312-8 last summer I was able to simply change the spindle bearings. As I recall they weren't terribly expensive. Is this an option for you or are the spindle housings shot? :drool:

Duff :omg:

WHC-125

The spindle housings should useable? How much do the bearings go for? :omg:

Don1977

I have up graded my spindles several times the last ones I got uses 6203-2RS it's the same bearing that is used in an old Chev. alternator (1978 I think, not sure). The spindles I have the drive pulleys are not keyed the bearings have a spacer between them and are held in place by the 5/8" nut and lock washer on top. The spindles have have grease fittings on the top of the shaft. The shaft dia. for the bearing ID is .6665. The last bearing I got a friend got them for me from Oregon Outdoor Equipment Parts the part no. 45-400. He got a discount trough the company where he works. I payed $4 or $5 each for the last Chev. alternator bearings, that was several years ago. I had to go the several parts houses to find enough to fix my deck. The bearing listed above has grease seals both side, I remove the inside seals when I install them.

I had a trouble with the pressed steel pulleys slipping because of wear in tall grass. I went back to the original cast iron pulleys that had the flat sides, bored them out and sleeved them down to 5/8" faced them off to the steel pulley thickness so they would work with the new shafts.

gwgdog66

I have up graded my spindles several times

I have also. The last go round, I used the spindles an blades for the current 42" SD deck mdl #78345. Dealer could have gotten the older parts, but it was cheaper and quicker to go with the current stock items. Less head aches as well.

JDubya

I'm looking at the same issue..

15-42sc02 Mower deck

My issue is, the parts drawing looks like many parts not just a spindle..

I this the case or is it just a spindle?

Thanks,

Jim

Don1977

They used to sell an assembly that included pulley and blade. The last ones I bought

were $67.00 a piece that was 8 or 9 years ago. I have just replaced the bearing since.