Call me a weirdo

Weirdo.

:D

And I know all about folk who don't like shrooms... just not right... :snooty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
51 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Call me a weirdo but I love them canned potatoes fried up with bacon n onions. I also love them fake powdered spuds. 🥔 

Pay no nevermind to Pullstart Sylvia... he doesn't like the fungus 🍄 either. I called him a picky eater but Mrs. P says he's not. 

Not picky, I just know what I like!

• Haha 2

Pullstart
51 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Weirdo.

:P

6CA69B40-C8FF-4A79-844B-64A010ED63EA.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
  • Haha 4

Achto

Jalapeno popper grilled cheese.

IMG_20231203_185115041.jpg.7dc04381b6e3b8c72de756bc82ba5eb0.jpg

Chopped fresh jalapeno, cream cheese, & a little garlic power for the popper mix.

Bread (we used rye) popper mix liberally spread , a few strips of cooked bacon, Few slices of cheddar, bread. Our new house favorite.

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??
On 12/1/2023 at 7:53 AM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Weirdo.

Funny thing is when I was a kid I cried like a school girl if my folks ordered a pizza with 'rooms. Now I cry like a school  girl if it doesn't! 

33 minutes ago, Achto said:

Our new house favorite.

Ingredients on the shopping list...:lol:

Got a might powerful hankerin for stuffed poblanos too

• Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

Sloppy deer and Deerghetti... venison kids style:

Youngins coming' for a visit... gettin' ready!!!

image.jpeg.16c2a23d8acae52f131d309e62f6ae0c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH
12 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I cried like a school girl if my folks ordered a pizza with 'rooms. Now I cry like a school  girl if it doesn't! 

My eyes... :scared-eek:

I can't feel them... :scared-eek:

Onions or visuals... :eusa-think:

Just... :scared-eek:

Nope. :snooty:

• Haha 2

WHX??

Vension back strap medalions drowned in butter, bit of olive oil and mushrooms n onions. 

This just to kick it up a notch...  BAM... 

Note the cast iron skillet for proper searing... WOW!

20231220_203136.jpg

20231220_201536.jpg

20231220_202039.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

Treepep
On 12/4/2023 at 6:58 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Sloppy deer and Deerghetti... venison kids style:

Youngins coming' for a visit... gettin' ready!!!

image.jpeg.16c2a23d8acae52f131d309e62f6ae0c.jpeg

Brings back fond memories of Grandpa making Sloppy does n Staghetti for us kids!

Keep up the tasty work!

• Like 3
  • Heart 2

Achto

Smoked Deviled Eggs.

To make this it is best to have outside temps of 35f or less. Today, Christmas Eve in North Central Wisconsin it was about 45f but I decided to risk it anyway.

IMG_20231224_173405480.jpg.ac7f140548c726c71b238369313f3df3.jpg

Make up your Deviled Eggs as you normally would. (We mix the yolks with yellow mustard, Hellmanns mayo, salt & pepper.) After you have your Deviled Eggs made, sprinkle some paprika on them,  add some crushed cook bacon and a thin slice of fresh Jalapeno. Now cold smoke your eggs for 2.5 to 3 hours. These things are like crack to me, I ate half a dozen myself today.:D

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine

IMG_20231226_190658.jpg.defdc0bb96f9536a58368f9dbe1442fa.jpg

Trina's been experimenting with a her-bilt outdoor charcoal setup. Cooking area is roughly 20 x 30 inches.  This evening she made a couple hunks of chicken. 
Seems to be working great.  Wednesday we're hosting a gathering requested by her daughter so the family can get together.  Trina's gonna try cooking a whole turkey, splayed open.  

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

davem1111

Wow, hadn't seen this thread before - good stuff! :drool:

If anyone here has gluten intolerance, or cooks for anyone who does, I have some things I can share.  I made gluten-free cranberry scones for Christmas brunch, and they were delicious - you'd never know they were gluten-free if you weren't told. I make gluten-free muffins of some type just about every weekend.

My wife, daughter, and son all have gluten issues, and I've gotten somewhat healthier and slimmer since I've cut down on the gluten over the last 11 years. I think all it does to me is makes me a bit gassy, so I still splurge sometimes. But no gluten in our house.  I also use Monk Fruit/Erythritol sweeteners a lot, but not for the kids. Cooking gluten-free is a challenge.... gluten AND sugar-free is a BIG challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 12/26/2023 at 9:06 PM, davem1111 said:

Wow, hadn't seen this thread before - good stuff! :drool:

If anyone here has gluten intolerance, or cooks for anyone who does, I have some things I can share.  I made gluten-free cranberry scones for Christmas brunch, and they were delicious - you'd never know they were gluten-free if you weren't told. I make gluten-free muffins of some type just about every weekend.

My wife, daughter, and son all have gluten issues, and I've gotten somewhat healthier and slimmer since I've cut down on the gluten over the last 11 years. I think all it does to me is makes me a bit gassy, so I still splurge sometimes. But no gluten in our house.  I also use Monk Fruit/Erythritol sweeteners a lot, but not for the kids. Cooking gluten-free is a challenge.... gluten AND sugar-free is a BIG challenge.

Please do share!  I have a feeling that the gluten isn’t always the issue, it’s the chemicals and pesticides used on gluten type fields that really mess with people.  Anyway, we have one child who has cut out the gluten.  It has healed her gut in pretty amazing ways!

• Like 1

davem1111
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Please do share!  I have a feeling that the gluten isn’t always the issue, it’s the chemicals and pesticides used on gluten type fields that really mess with people.  Anyway, we have one child who has cut out the gluten.  It has healed her gut in pretty amazing ways!

1. Use "King Arthur Measure for Measure" Gluten Free flour, at least for anything non-savory. Many GF flours have bean flour in them which tastes terrible in something like muffins or cookies. I now use this for everything, including gravy, etc.

2. Google is your friend, but isn't very discriminating when it comes to quality. We've used a lot of recipes from these sites:

https://www.mamaknowsglutenfree.com/

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/collections/gluten-free-recipes

(there are a few other favorites but will have to look for those later).

3. She has some reviews of the flours here, and it may depend on what you're trying to make as to which is best. I haven't done any yeast baking lately but the King Arthur is supposedly not great for that, so I may pick up some of the other kind(s).

https://www.mamaknowsglutenfree.com/best-gluten-free-flours/

One thing to remember is that gluten is what holds a lot of baked goods together. Using Xanthan Gum (which is already in most GF 1-for-1 flours) helps but GF items are usually more crumbly and gooey or sticky.  In some cases, adding more egg and less liquid than the recipe says, helps get a better texture.

Ed Kennell

Image result for what's for supper grandpa pics        Two of my faves.  

Saturday was our annual Oyster Pie Dinner.      Always brings the clan back home.

104_2920.JPG.3c1fe14058a448a15c35d8a8105453ac.JPG

Tonight was roast venison neck with onion ,carrots, spuds, and cheddar bisquits.

104_2934.JPG.6df737b64ceb52e83e8161acc6555d63.JPG104_2935.JPG.c39dbc83bcf1c7e6eb90e11ac1748b63.JPG

• Heart 3