Sign in to follow this  
Parke1

Slot hitch dimensions?

Parke1

Hey gang!

I found an old bottom plow off of some walk-behind that I think I can make work with my 8 horse 4 speed. I'm going to buy a slot hitch off ebay for the tractor, and then weld a tab on the end of the plow to slide into the slot hitch. Since I can get started on the welding while I wait for the hitch to arrive, can someone tell me what the inside dimensions are on a slot hitch? I need to know what size tab to weld on. I need the height and width of the inside, what diameter the hole for the pin is, and how far back the vertical hole is from the end of the hitch.

Thanks a ton if anyone can help me out!

-Parke1

daemon2525

You might want to give this some real thought.

I inherited a bottom plow that someone had done exactly that. They welded on

a tab. However they welded it onto the "side" of the existing hitch (left).

This makes the plow follow you a little more to the right hand side of the tractor.

This works BETTER!! I don't know how to explain, but when you put your right hand set of tires in the furrow, the plow is exactly where it should be.

Since you are welding anyway, might as well make it track right :omg:

Of course, it may be correct to weld it on straight with the existing hitch. I don't know.

Parke1

Excellent! Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Now, just to find some .5x2 bar stock...

I'll definitely think about welding it on the side like that. So if you're standing behind the plow and tractor, would the tab be welded on the right hand or left hand side? I'm a bit confused...

Thanks again!

-Parke1