troutbum70

Some saddle time yesterday

troutbum70

About 2and 1/4 acres of saddle time yesterday after new brake drum seal and brake pad, new axle seals, and changed all fluids. Not bad for 33 years old, my first horse.

PSX_20190821_213354.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHNJ701

like the truck, my first ride was a blue 87 ranger with a white roll bar

troutbum70

Tnx jableman its an 88 and like the horse have had it since new. The ranger has just shy of 58,000 miles on it that are for real, spent many years trailer truchin so it sit around a lot and seldom gets driven during the winter and the light bar and brush guard and all were factory.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, jabelman said:

like the truck

I was thinking that too

@troutbum63 great to see your tractor up and running... 

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbup:  :wh: Looks great...

so, how'd it do? :popcorn:

Retired Wrencher
8 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Tnx jableman its an 88 and like the horse have had it since new. The ranger has just shy of 58,000 miles on it that are for real, spent many years trailer truchin so it sit around a lot and seldom gets driven during the winter and the light bar and brush guard and all were factory.

like the new Rangers but not the price. Nice truck and tractor.

troutbum70

The horse done very well, 3/4 of an acre was a field that we brush hogged a couple months ago so it was fairly high. It buzzed right threw, just have to sit back take your time and enjoy the ride as you know these old horses are not very fast so it takes a while. My brother told me he could have done it in half the time with his zero turn, as I told him I am sure your right, but I was not doing time trials I was just enjoying an afternoon ride on the horse 10-4. I saw one of the new rangers the other day being driven by a fortunate fellow, I said to wife man I like that. Wife said to me no way or get a job, so I guess I will keep driving the old 88 hi hi. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, troutbum63 said:

My brother told me he could have done it in half the time with his zero turn,

Too bad your brother is in so much of a rush to get everything done.

:D

We enjoy being outside and having our seat time around here.

No TV. No cable. No Internet. No problem.

troutbum70

My brother is still working and is a very busy guy, he is a restaurant owner which he has for sale. And also a sales rep for a local food distributer which keeps him very busy. Drives him crazy because my wife and I make a 3 day trip when traveling to Florida and the same coming home. He says I don't how you stand to ride round and around at a little more than 2 miles an hour. I tell him words can not describe the joy of the ride.

• Heart 1

peter lena

most of the zero turns i see , go from grass to dirt very quickly, my lawn is set up for my stuff and i cut in 2 nd / hi range, highest setting , sharp blades and clean deck , lets me enjoy the work, pete