ohiofarmer

Wrenching on an Onan. Mustie1 style

ohiofarmer

Mustie1 is my favorite YouTuber by far. His current series is green paint 318 jd but has to be a performance series onan

The decidedly abused machine comes in making noises a plenty and he goes in even having to retrieve a valve stem cap from the bottom end of the engine.

Don't miss this one. It runs like butter when finished

He even straightened a bent valve to serviceable condition.

• Like 2

cafoose

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor

I couldn't stand to watch the whole thing.  Hammering on a valve to bend it for removal with the valve guide taking the load, lapping valves making the seats way too wide, using power tools to remove carbon, straightening a junk valve, etc.  No thanks.

Goofey

not my idea of job well done

67 WH 877
7 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Mustie1 is my favorite YouTuber by far. His current series is green paint 318 jd but has to be a performance series onan

The decidedly abused machine comes in making noises a plenty and he goes in even having to retrieve a valve stem cap from the bottom end of the engine.

Don't miss this one. It runs like butter when finished

He even straightened a bent valve to serviceable condition.

Same here, as far as bringing machines back to life...Mustie has given me inspiration to get back into small engine repair and cars,,,anything really.:handgestures-thumbupright:

ohiofarmer

I wondered about that valve myself. With so many parts for the Onans nla may have been the reason he removed it without cutting the stem. Another way of looking at it would be to think if the hammering that valve guide had already endured. The stated use for this project is a plow tractor for the shop

Probably will last many years for that application

A lot of the stuff he fixes is non running cheaper tractors brought back from the dead and sold for a fair price for their condition.

Fwiw he also does many free repairs and donations to the elderly neighbors around his neighborhood.

BTW I have just discovered a gapped valve on a k series. It may be bent, so I get back with you guys if it is bound up in the guides.