AHS

Any thought on kohler twins?

AHS

I have had kohler singles, a 10, 12, 14 and a 12.5 ohv command.. they all run perfect.  I keep up on them, change the oil when necessary, and change the air filter. What bout kohler twins? The 80s 417, and the D series? And others?

• Like 1

pfrederi

KT-17 series 2  and Magnum 18 are excellent engines.  The Cast iron twin K532 used in the D Series were industrial grade motors very strong...but parts are getting hard to come by.

• Like 2

AHS
7 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

KT-17 series 2  and Magnum 18 are excellent engines.  The Cast iron twin K532 used in the D Series were industrial grade motors very strong...but parts are getting hard to come by.

Ok! Like most Kohlers! The bad ones are only from people who have not changed the oil, ran them out of oil.

• Like 3

AHS

I’ve only seen one 417, and I was able to turn it by hand! not good! It had no battery, and other parts..it was a while ago.. I left that one!👍

ebinmaine

I've got a K582. 23 horse. Not from a Wheelhorse originally but it may very well end up in a project tractor if I can get it running right. I have my progress in another thread.

BIG engines!!

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

The KT-17 in my 417H  is comparable to the P220 Onan in my 520H.   Very strong and sounds powerful.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

OH Yeah! My Kohler twins...

I love those old girls both.   :greetings-clapyellow:

IMG_3178.JPG.081768c20962f5c99ccca37fc86a4701.JPGIMG_6076.JPG.0f7ebc1869923cbb6a532fb133d7a168.JPG

• Like 3

SPINJIM

I have a K17 twin Series 2 and an 18 Magnum twin.  They are my 'go to' tractors for winter snow moving.  Very dependable.   Much easier to work on than the Onan twins.

Do the routine maintenance, and they'll take care of you for a long time.   I would just avoid the early K17T (series 1) that had poor oil circulation unless you know its history.

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1