ebinmaine

Tiny little Starrett rule

ebinmaine

I figured you machinists and general tool aficionado types would like to see this so I had Trina snap a couple pics.

Didn't even remember I had it...

IMG_20190811_183933031.jpg.8aa2fae1fee40f292f755de29b6afda8.jpg

IMG_20190811_183923682.jpg.d46d5449de3aca01eb184eda493abd5c.jpg

• Like 5

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:  I have a few of those, great for checking depth of offsets and holes and very handy in the woodworking shop too.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Machinist "scale"... But yes a tiny ruler.

• Thanks 1

diesel cowboy

Those are real handy.  I've got at least a half dozen of them most in inches, a couple metric, and one of each that's the 12 inch version.  Makes measuring small things a lot easier with my big ham sized hands.  I even shortened one to about 4 inches so I can check the blades when I'm trying to level a mower

• Like 1

Pullstart

I have 6 and 12” style... if you’re not careful with them (or just plain wreckless) they are great at snapping clean in two!

• Like 1

JoeM

Used to carry one in my eyeglass pock when I was a Maintenance Foreman. Extremely handy. I can remember aligning pump couplers on the QT.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

oiluj52, i can relate , i was a mechanical millwright and had that , with (  a sliding  measurement guide ) in my pocket in addition to a lazier  spotter to check over piping and marking them. i lived on goulds , durco, boston gear pumps , glad its in the distant past, pete  

ebinmaine

I have five or six metal rulers varying in size from this one to a 48 

My maternal grandparents spent the Great depression in their formidable teen years and obviously that had a lasting effect on them. They didn't spend very many pennies without double-checking to make sure they weren't going to squeeze more out of them. They will never poor and they never went without but they also never spent too much.

When they bought things for the house or tools they bought the best or they didn't buy.

Some of my grandfather's tools are twice my age and then some and I still use them occasionally.

• Heart 3