RJ Hamner

Stumped AGAIN Only Different Tractor

RJ Hamner

Had just cleaned out the fuel system and thought I'd run it around the block but with the clutch depressed and slack in the belt the transmission pulley still is turning too fast to allow it to go into gear.

Here is the picture of the setup. Am I missing a part or have I miss installed something?

IMG_20190808_165937.jpg

• Like 1

857 horse

HAMMER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHERE IS THE BELT Guard......???   it plays a role in making shifting possible,,,,

RJ Hamner

So with the guard on its going act different? Because I had the same problem with the guard on. 

formariz

The rod that is now under the belt should be above belt, barely touching it. That placed correctly along with belt cover will make it work assuming you have the correct belt. Belt needs to stop completely to change gears.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 2

Digger 66

Yep ^^^

RJ Hamner

Thanks

Bob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• mhlmeader
      By mhlmeader
      Hi folks, picked this up this evening.   Never done a tare down restoration, so this looked like a good one to do it on.  Engine fired on some starting fluid when I got it home, so that's a positive sign.  Prolly was a forum member I got it from, it's a small world after all.  Told the fiancee it would be hers, dont know why, but that's what I told her anyway...anywho just sharing.  

• Tyler9014
      By Tyler9014
      I just picked up this 1960 Suburban 400 off of Craigslist. My trucks starter decided to take the day off and I got stranded a hour away from home in Green Bay Wisconsin in the shadow of Lambeau field with my daughter but we got some help from family and got home with our prize. Now I have the transmission torn down and need a spider gear and a shift lever collar. Does any one know if the axle has too much wear to re-use? Any help would be very appreciated. The break lever gear on the shaft seems to have a little more wear on a couple spots than I would have liked to see but I think it is ok overall. (can't seem to get a good picture)