Stike

Oberdorfer pump off speedex?

Stike

I got this pump from a friend who said he thought it came off an old speedex tractor he used to have and was hoping someone here knew something about it, it has the number 5778 stamped on it. It had a 5 inch cast aluminum pulley that I removed for pics. I looked on the web with no results, the pump turns freely and seems in good shape. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

20190806_140505.jpg

20190806_140631.jpg

Stike

Thanks for the link I'll see what I can find.

953 nut

The Oberdorfer Foundry was one of the last independently owned foundries in the USA and saddlery it closed in 2014. My father worked there when I was born and they were producing hydraulic pumps for the military in World War Two (yes I am that old!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

The Oberdorfer Foundry was one of the last independently owned foundries in the USA and saddlery it closed in 2014. My father worked there when I was born and they were producing hydraulic pumps for the military in World War Two (yes I am that old!)

Obviously I’m glad we’re at peace with our German friends, but that sounds like a name from Deutschland if I’ve ever heard one.  Slightly ironic that they were a manufacturer for the war...

953 nut
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Slightly ironic that they were a manufacturer for the war.

Prior to WW2 my father (born in Germany and a naturalized citizen) had been a quality control inspector. He and several other German and Italian born supervisors were demoted during the war at the request of the War Department. They all understood the reason and didn't mind, also the Oberdorfer family continued to pay them at their prior pay scale.

It is sad to see a good American company like this has shut down after more than a century of quality manufacturing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2