ELECTRORIC

953 from T-MO update

Sparky

Real nice! Love original patina machines

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            Glad to see it ready to make it's show debut,    looking good!        :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

T-Mo

Fantastic! I like those front tires, and the seat.....I'm assuming your friend, Jerry, did the seat. 

Which show are you taking it to? This weekend?

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Enjoy they are great machines. I own a 953. bought it from the original owners son in 2017. runs like a dream! only thing that has been to it is the original owner repainted it cause he got bored one year. and they had the wheel horse dealer replace an axle seal cause it was leaking. he said his dad bought it new in kendallville indiana brand new. the building is still standing i live about 8 miles from its original home. mine came with a nice deck almost new looking,front plow and a newer snow blower made to fit i ended up selling the snow blower. someday i want to get my hands on a original style snow blower. The only thing i need to do to mine is fix the hydraulic cylinder she leaks. its never been rebuilt doesnt smoke knock or bang

• Like 2

Pullstart

Looks good!  What kits did you use to rebuild the hydraulics?  The cylinder leaks a tad on Hot Wheels and I’d love to freshen that up for plow duty!

bottjernat1
12 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Looks good!  What kits did you use to rebuild the hydraulics?  The cylinder leaks a tad on Hot Wheels and I’d love to freshen that up for plow duty!

i had someone on here last year told me someone on here sells a rebuild kit and pretty cheap to. When i get the money i will have to ask who it was again. LOL. I have never rebuilt a hydraulic cylinder before. i was told if i do this myself you have to know what ur doing because if there is just 1 knick in the cylinder it will tare up again.  So for now I have my 953 parked in my shed i hate having it sit but i didnt want to tare her up anymore. I love it besides my fully restored rj58 my 953 is my favorite. i bought new hood bolts from chuck mccolley last year and knew throttle knobs. She is looking better Id also like to get my hands on some original cast weights! I have cast weights but they are odd nobody can id them. the fit the 15in rims perfect. They are super heavy to.

Edited by bottjernat1
  • Like 2

ELECTRORIC

Your correct Jerry did the seat, city of Old Monroe Mo. is having a tractor show on Sat. I used wheelhorseman's rebuild kit.

• Like 2

T-Mo
1 hour ago, ELECTRORIC said:

Your correct Jerry did the seat, city of Old Monroe Mo. is having a tractor show on Sat. I used wheelhorseman's rebuild kit.

Thanks.  I may be headed to Nashville, Illinois, Saturday to look at a Montgomery Ward running gear.  I have been thinking about getting one to pull behind my Farmall Cubs.

• Like 1

wh500special
33 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

... I may be headed to Nashville, Illinois, Saturday......

If you do go to Nashville, you won't be *too* far from Greenville, IL where their tractor show is happening this weekend.  Straight north on IL-127 about 40 miles from Nashville.  Usually a nice, medium-sized show.  IH is the feature this year.

http://www.americanfarmheritagemuseum.com/farm-heritage-days.html

Steve

• Like 1

squonk

wheelhorsepartsandmore in our vendor area sell the hydraulic kits 

• Like 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, bottjernat1 said:

snow blower. someday i want to get my hands on a original style snow blower.

Call Lincoln at A-Z tractor Parts, he may have one for you.   https://a-ztractor.com/