Sign in to follow this  
AHS

312 with a short Shute snowblower

AHS

I’ve used a short shute on my 312 for the past 3 years.. it works good.. does not throw snow the best. But the snowblower direction cable..I absolutely hate that! I had to change it 3 times this year! The final time I went to my dealer and they had the cable, however it is starting to rip apart! And I’ve got it routed thru correct (99% sure!?) I live in Maine, so it snow quite a bit! Short shutes are in the woods on every corner! It seems like. And the single stage tall shutes (which I really want!!) are rare!! Anyone have a tall shute, how does it work?

peter lena

the type of snow you, blow / throw  is the difference , not the chute, wetter  heavier snow is best with the short chute. light fluffy (  i wish )  snow really goes with a tall chute. by the way , having delt with the chute cable issue , i used grass cutter line to experiment with the rotation issues , making for easy tracking and trimming and adjusting the spool area. with everything , lubricated and set, then i changed over to the very thin s/s cable ,for a smooth solid chute rotation. i also changed out those cable clamps on the bottom of the chute pull points. drilled out the pop rivets ,and used 1/4" bolts with elastic nuts to ELECTRICAL LUGS , much better for cable mounting. a tall chute will plug up just as easily as the short, with wet snow. dry snow  is a real treat , my short chute , throws it 30 plus ft , when we get it. most of the time , its the 42 " plow that gets it done, pete

AHS

Ok, that’s good information! I have a plow, but I have a long driveway, so the snowblower makes it much easier!

• Like 1