12 hp Kohler

50” 7 1312 sickle bar

12 hp Kohler

Picked up a 50” sickle bar yesterday. Seems like its all there. Gonna try and put it on a tractor this weekend. Is it meant for a long frame or short frame tractors or both? Also not exactly sure how it goes on so any help will be greatly appreciated. Here are a few pictures, I will get better ones this weekend. 

image.jpg.d8129e3ad1228e6d1ab9037734caaf92.jpgimage.jpg.ab5609ea5a046f66eaed24e76a603a41.jpgC13E569B-6FAD-4E56-83EA-9F7EB7CA8DF1.png.7f2c82d5a1ddd55c0f8757fd5d626990.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

Ed Kennell

If you drop that off here Robbie, I could try it on a short or a long frame.    :wacko:

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

Isn't that mount adjustable...

to fit either frame?  :scratchead:

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Isn't that mount adjustable...

to fit either frame?  :scratchead:

Might be, I don’t know much about them. Does anyone have an owners/operation manual or some sort of instructions for mounting and maintenance? 

gwest_ca

7-1312 may be the only one we do not have an operator manual for. Here is what we have. Look through them all because they are in no particular order with this link. 

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?&q="mower sickle side"&type=downloads_file&search_and_or=or

Garry

• Like 1

Stepney
19 hours ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

Might be, I don’t know much about them. Does anyone have an owners/operation manual or some sort of instructions for mounting and maintenance? 

I'm pretty sure my 7-1311 came with a manual. I'll have to check. Very nearly the same unit. That is a long frame. At the rear of the sickle frame it has a 'sweep' to the bracket. Short frames do not have that. 

As for fitment, I asked the same question a few weeks back and the answer isn't very clear. I have a 7-1311 and use it on an Electro 12 no issues, so it'll fit long frames. Not so sure about shorts though.. I didn't get a clear enough answer to justify buying the tractor to try it out. 

Mounting is simple. Remove your mid tach-a-matic and this bolts in place of it. (Use caution, these things are awful awkward to maneuver. I mount the rear hoop first, then use a floor jack to lift the unit up and into the frame holes.) The lift rod goes to the inner-most hole on the rockshaft. And the rear bracket goes to the tranny plate. There's a little hook and bracket that bolts on in place of your PTO clutch lever on the dash side. DO NOT use your PTO clutch pulley with this thing. You need a 2" or so pulley on the crank. It works like an old round hood pto with the foot pedal. 

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

chet62

Any body know where to get extra blades or the part number?  Thanks!

CasualObserver
38 minutes ago, chet62 said:

Any body know where to get extra blades or the part number?  Thanks!

Try the link in this thread