kwalshy

314-8 Rebuild

kwalshy

One of my many projects is to rebuild a 8 speed from my '95 314-8.  The transmission is blown and it's my own fault.  An elderly neighbor fell while I was cutting the lawn and in my rush to help her I kicked the transmission from out from 1st to 3rd without coming to a complete stop while depressing the clutch.  

Later on that day the transmission blew up while cutting in 1st gear.  It made an awful sound and I had no movement in any of the gears.  So, can anyone please recommend an instructional post here in the forum on how I can rebuild this transmission and what gears to order and/or where you bought your parts (seals, gears, etc.)  Thank you very much!

pfrederi

This is a 3 speed but it is very close to yours.  Check with Wheelhorse parts and more in the vendors section for seal bearing gears....

The Tuul Crib
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

This is a 3 speed but it is very close to yours.  Check with Wheelhorse parts and more in the vendors section for seal bearing gears....

:text-yeahthat:

stevasaurus

Use this manual in conjunction with the videos to open and fix and close your transmission.  You need to open it 1st to see what is broke before ordering parts, bearings (if needed) and seals.  My guess is that you broke off some teeth on the cluster gear and they are jamming some of the gears.  Here is the link, you want section V.

ebinmaine

I have a "parts"  transmission.

Let me know what gears you need.

I'll help out if I can 

• Like 2

kwalshy

Thank you everyone.  The responses are much appreciated.

• Like 1