stevasaurus

one from Norm (Storman)

The Tuul Crib

Obviously this is a specialized machine. What would they have been used for would you know?  Looks to me like some kind of vacuum although the pick up surface is not very wide. 

Stormin

That's exactly what it is. A vacuum. Google Billy Goat. :thumbs: Better than me trying to explain.

ZXT

Norm, that's quite a contraption you've got there! Never seen a grass vacuum before.. Is Billy Goat a name you came up with for it, or is that it's proper name? Fitting name either way.

I'm interested to see how it works out now that you've got it all back together. 

Do you still have your Black Horse? Sharp looking tractor for sure. Never seen one in black before, but I think I like it!

Edited by ZXT

Lee1977

Billy Goat is a brand name they are available over here. 

You have the the parts to make a great vacuum. Here is one I built. It will pick up grass just as well as leaves.  

SAM-0750.jpg

SAM-0749.jpg

SAM-0747.jpg

SAM-0748.jpg

This is the yard at the farm.  

• Like 3

Stormin

That is a good set-up, Lee. More along the line of what I wanted to do. I don't have an SD deck, only an RD. Also I want to be able to put the Billy Goat back as it should be.

Jonah. I still have the Black Horse. You can read about it here. https://myoldmachine.com/topic/936-c-120-refurb/

Steve. Thanks for the help. I think I've got the hang of it now. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

You could build the blower I did. The only thing that requires Machine Shop work is the hub for the vanes. Bored and keyed for the engine and indexed and slotted for the four vanes.  Did the rest with a jig saw drill and hole saw. The welding isn't pretty but it's stayed together for the last thirty years.

SAM-0035.jpg

SAM-0032.jpg

SAM-0042.jpg

RandyLittrell

They are from my neck of the woods. I did a windshield at there place once and used to drive by everyday on my way to work. 

https://www.billygoat.com/na/en_us/about.html

Randy

Stormin

Your earlier post, Lee, has had me thinking. I may make a blower one day. I could alter an RD deck to SD if I can't get hold of an SD.

Edited by Stormin