formariz

The greatest honor ever

SylvanLakeWH

Simply WOW...

:bow-blue:

dells68

Yup!  That’s me.  Boy, I must leave a scar that never goes away!!!😂🤣😂. Not too many people admit that they know me!😁

• Haha 3

wallfish
4 minutes ago, formariz said:

I didn't think it possible but it just keeps getting better. You probably will laugh at me, but it will be a while until I get substantially comfortable handling it. I wasn't kidding when I said that my hands start trembling when I handle it.

My wife thinks that I lost my mind. She says that I am like a little kid with it. I actually take it with me to wherever I am in the house for any substantial period of time, so I can see it.

Just more proof it went to right person and I'm so glad you enjoy it. To be honest, I was little nervous about giving it to a professional craftsman and especially one that's an accomplished woodworker. It's my honor to have your blessing of the amateur work I do.

5 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

This is one of the reasons I am so proud to be a part of the Wheel Horse community and a part of RedSquare...nothing here but a bunch of truly top-notch guys...hope to make the journey for next years show and meet many of you whom I already consider friends

It's my opinion that being part of this Wheel Horse community makes people better. 

For anyone who hasn't been to the big show yet, make a point to put on top of your bucket list! It's an amazing gathering of people, all with a common interest. It's difficult to explain all of the camaraderie there but it's definitely something you will notice quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

formariz
39 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Just more proof it went to right person and I'm so glad you enjoy it. To be honest, I was little nervous about giving it to a professional craftsman and especially one that's an accomplished woodworker. It's my honor to have your blessing of the amateur work I do.

Thank you John for the kind words. You should not consider yourself or your work amateur.  Actually I personally never qualify anyone as a professional or an amateur when it comes to describing anyone who is a craftsman. When you are able to create something with your hands from an image in your mind, it is a gift that one should feel blessed to have. Some of us have been lucky to be able to make a living while doing what we love and what is our passion, but in no way is an individual that does not do it for a living  any less.Quite often the opposite is true. As a matter of fact the most talented individuals I ever known as woodworkers, did and do not do it for a living. Doing it as a job in fact most of the times our creativity is restricted by not only finances, time constraints,  someone else's vision, or most likely all of them together. It is when none of that exists and the only factors involved are our minds, vision and the love for our craft, that then one gets lost in it and the result is greatness.

39 minutes ago, wallfish said:

It's my opinion that being part of this Wheel Horse community makes people better. 

For anyone who hasn't been to the big show yet, make a point to put on top of your bucket list! It's an amazing gathering of people, all with a common interest. It's difficult to explain all of the camaraderie there but it's definitely something you will notice quickly.

I could have not said it better.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

troutbum70

To sum up all of what has been printed here, one of GOD'S great commandments love your neighbor as yourself and it will be showed back to you.

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

ZXT

That is a beautiful model for sure. Is there a thread on it around here somewhere? I saw it for the first time in a picture from the big show a few days ago and I genuinely thought that it might have been a dealer model or something of the sorts - I had no idea that it was made by a member here.

Wallfish, that is some amazing craftsmanship. There is nothing amateur about it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

formariz
21 minutes ago, ZXT said:

That is a beautiful model for sure. Is there a thread on it around here somewhere? I saw it for the first time in a picture from the big show a few days ago and I genuinely thought that it might have been a dealer model or something of the sorts - I had no idea that it was made by a member here.

Wallfish, that is some amazing craftsmanship. There is nothing amateur about it.

• Excellent 1

neil

I too can also personally vouch for Johns generosity & kindness . For the past 5 or 6 years John has kindly taken time out to go the trouble of getting me the big show T shirts and send them to me here in UK . I cannot thank John enough for the kind act that he does for me and he has no idea how much it means to me to have him do this .

John ,,I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you do .

Neil

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Fascinating. Its how good people still are.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, wallfish said:

@Sparky  LMFAO :ROTF:

And thanks for getting a clear pic of my bald spot! Had no idea how big it was getting, until now.

I belive John we all have them. LOL. I to have know John for many years he is always there as a friend. I still like the bike the best . It looks like W/Horse made it.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1