RichFC

deck belt needed

RichFC

I have to replace the belt on my 418-C mowing deck. I do not have a manual so I hope one of you do. I also need to know what fluid I should use in the hydrostatic gearbox.

My other tractor is a 257H that  has a sticker that shows SAE 20 for the hydrostatic gearbox so I guess that's non detergent 20 weight motor oil.

wheel horse 418C.jpg

418-C deck.jpg

00z0z_bp1D8Mm3av9_1200x900.jpg

gwest_ca

Not necessarily the model of deck you have but the belts will be the same. Click on the picture

Lube charts on this page. Click on the fuzzy picture

More files on this model

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?&q="41-18ke01"&type=downloads_file&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Garry

peter lena

that blade set up is strange, they should all be like the bottom one, for balance and bearing life, another thought, the build up on that deck will definitely lead to deck rot, holding moisture and grass acid in place. practice scraping it down regularly and using penetrating on it to soak into metal and kill off the grunge , jmoo , good luck with it pete 

RichFC

That is a MEG-MO blade setup. I use it on my land in the Catskills.It is sort of a brush hog setup. If I hit something I dont want to wipe out a blade or spindle.I mow all my trails with this machine.They swing out of the way.\

https://www.meg-mo.com/

peter lena

RICHFC , THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE BLADE SET UP, if you have a T/S  store nearby , you could easily match your belt ,from their selection . use a hi temp grease on those deck spindles, with your mowing issues , i,m sure those spindles get pretty hot. use this maintenance / service time to look at another deck issues . lucas red and tacky grease works well.   bty go kevlar belt at tractor supply  , pete

pfrederi

Hydro uses 10w-30 or 10w-40 motor oil.