Indiana

312A hydrostatic

Indiana

I have a 1986 312 wheel horse Kohler engine hydrostatic transmission. I disengaged the transmission to push it out of the shed. I re engaged the transmission and it is still in a neutral state. Checked the engagement pulley. All looks ok. All fluids full. Any ideas are appreciated 

ericj

A 86 312-A should have the eaton 700 transmission. My experience with the 700 trans is that when they are good it is next to impossible to push any distance. the eaton 700 can be identified by the oil reservoir on top of the trans, the eaton 1100 trans which can be pushed easily have an oil filter on the left side just above the axle tube. The 1100 the longer it sits the easier it will push, so if you shut it off or it dies in the middle of the yard you may not be able to push it then. Also check the belt to make sure it didn't break. You might be surprised how many people have fallen for that scenario. good luck

and to  :text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

eric j  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:The Eaton 700s can not be pushed.     If you can push yours,  there may be an internal problem.       Are you sure it is engaged?   Unlike other tractors, The lever has to be pushed down to engage the transmission.      With the engine running and the transmission engaged, look at the drive pulley and cooling fan to make sure they are turning.  You can see this by looking from the rear of the tractor inside of the right rear tire.

Oh, :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

JaysHorse

You can push a 700. You lift the neutral lever and push the motion lever all the way forward. You can’t go fast with it though. 

Indiana

I have checked everything it is turning the pulley with the fan but has no hydrostatic sound and doesn’t move. I did not push the control forward when I pushed it four feet backwards out of the shed I just disengaged the lever for the transmission what could of broken internally.