Toasty

518-H mowing deck not fitting

Toasty

I have purchased as  (518-H ID: 3118OE01)  a few months ago.  I just got the electrical fixed in it last night, and everything is running great now.  I tried putting the mowing deck on it that it came with.  From the previous owner had swapped the mowing deck with the one he had on another Wheel Horse with the one that originally had for this tractor and had never installed it on the one I purchased.   It originally had a side discharge deck on it and had given me a rear discharge deck for it.  When I put the deck under the mower and got it connect to the Quick-A-Matic in the center, the decks front wheels were rubbing on the front tires of the tractor.

It looks like the Quick-A-Matic is made to be moved back 1 position.  I have never played around with the mowing decks before that used the Quick-A-Matic and was wondering if that is how I am suppose to adjust the deck to fit this tractor or is there adjustments that need made on the deck itself.  I can get pictures tonight when I get home if needed.

Thanks,

Justin

Racinbob

Pictures would help a lot so we can see what your issue is. Virtually all decks from 73 on will hook right up. I'm thinking you're not positioning the bar with the fork thingy properly at the mid tach-a-matic. :)

gwest_ca

Operator manual showing the fork position. Click on the picture

Garry