Sign in to follow this  
WH656

HELP wheels horse 656 all the sudden the mower blades are hitting each other!

WH656

Dang man, I have to fininsh mowing b4 the rain hits again but had to stop!  Please help with any potential solutions  Thanks

Marv

likely a sheared key on one of the  blade spindle shafts.

Marv

• Thanks 1

WH656

Thanks for the reply, I want to report back so that it may help someone else.  I forgot that I had changed the belts a coupla weeks ago.  In doing so, I must have re-positioned the blades OR maybe they were too close all along.  I unbolted nearly all the bolts on the deck underside and was able to reposition it far away from the other one at any point during the spin,,.  The fix held. 

Pullstart
12 hours ago, WH656 said:

Thanks for the reply, I want to report back so that it may help someone else.  I forgot that I had changed the belts a coupla weeks ago.  In doing so, I must have re-positioned the blades OR maybe they were too close all along.  I unbolted nearly all the bolts on the deck underside and was able to reposition it far away from the other one at any point during the spin,,.  The fix held. 

They are keyed as to not interfere with each other.  The broken key is the only explanation that makes sense.  I’ve gone through this before with my 502 deck... not a terrible job.  That deck sure did cut good!