rdeanrj58

875 mower deck drive

rdeanrj58

I'm trying to hook up a mower deck on an 875.   I'm using some parts I have lying around so some may not be correct.  The linkage that goes from the pedal to the pulley seems to be on an angle.  And the pulley doesn't line up with the outside pulley on the engine.     Are some of the parts different because the belt guard sticks out farther ? 

image.jpeg

wallfish

That looks good enough for the girls I go with. But you could add a spacer behind the pulley to bring it out some

ol550

Looks like the drive pulley needs to be moved closer to the block.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I’d suggest that the throttle cable is in the way of where the drive pulley should be.  A straight edge on the transmission pulley could help line up the engine pulley... or sight it in from the back looking for the belt to be parallel with the frame.  That’ll help you get further in your progress.

rdeanrj58

Ok I'll check the engine pulley spacing .   My other issue is that the rod from pedal to pulley is on an angle.   The other tractor I have with this setup (653) the pedal is all the way against the frame .   The 875 has another rolled pin that spaces it away from frame so it misses belt guard .  Belt guard seems to stick out farther on the hydro