Sign in to follow this  
71_Bronco

Worker Commando 8 Seat Advice

71_Bronco

Looking for advice on an aftermarket seat for my Commando 8.

I picked up an inexpensive Commando 8 recently, to use as a worker around the yard. Not looking to win any shows or anything, so it doesn't have to be pretty or original.

What do you guys like for your worker seats? Are arm-rests worth the extra money? High back vs low back?

Was looking at some of the aftermarket universal ones from Tractor Supply. My dad has one of the high back seats for his Kubota and loves it. This is the one he's got:

https://www.amazon.com/Highback-Kubota-Tractor-Seat-53000BK/dp/B00CS8SNY2

Edited by 71_Bronco

rjg854

I like the low back seat because it's easier to get on and off the tractor.  I'm not all that tall, so throwing a leg over the seat back is more difficult the higher the seat. 

• Like 3

71_Bronco

I was thinking the same thing about the low-back, as there are no running boards on the Commando to step on and help you get on the tractor.

However, I've read that the higher back seats are a little more comfy and supportive for longer rides.

My lawn is only about 1/2 - 3/4 acre, so I probably wont be on the tractor for a super long time. The low-back may be fine.

SPINJIM

I think that armrests just get in the way.  I have them on a 520 and on a zero turn, and I just keep them folded back.  Same thing in my cars.

Tall back seats are more supportive and easier on your back, but if you're tall enough to swing a leg over the low back, then go for the low.   

Jim

bellevillerod

i just redid a commando and love the low back seat on it. I have 11 tractors and they all have different seats on them. Just another tool to use, and on the commando like was already said low is easy to mount. Plus on that tractor I think it just looks right. JMHO

• Like 1

71_Bronco

Thanks all for the help. I ended up getting this one from TSC today after looking at it in person. Looks nice and comfy, and is kind-of a mid-back seat. I'm hoping that this seat coupled with the WH seat springs will make this a very nice tractor to mow with.

In addition, I got it for $80 out the door. Northern Tool + Equipment has it listed on their site for $74.99, so I was able to use the price match and get it for $74.99 plus tax. Double win

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/black-talon-deluxe-high-back-steel-pan-seat?cm_vc=-10005

spacer.png