ebinmaine

Add-on cupholder ideas?

LengerichKA88

I just whipped this up, just a magnetic parts bowl and 3in landscape pipe....little wide for a can, but it’ll hold my cup holder ash tray and phone at the same time (usually have headphones on when working so that I can answer phone calls if need be). Looks like it’ll hold my Tervis if I wanted it to, might need to go a skosh taller on the corrugated pipe. 

AB8C6AB9-B81A-417E-BB53-FDE2C236FB5E.jpeg

EF518140-A8B2-4385-BEA0-1F638D776EF6.jpeg

LengerichKA88
46 minutes ago, clueless said:

I also think it say something about us today when cup holders are selling point on a tractor, and a cigarette lighter was 50 years 

That lighter was a selling point to me last year 😂

EricF

I'm surprised automotive-style 12volt/lighter sockets haven't made a comeback -- people could plug in one of those 12volt-to-USB adapter thingies to charge their ever-present cellphone while mowing. :roll: (Seriously, please don't text/facebook/whatever while running machinery... :naughty: )

The automotive-style cupholders probably started showing up as a "me too" thing once cars started getting them... they're not all that useful when bumping over the ground on a tractor. What would be more useful is a larger/deeper holder more like the ones used on bicycles to hold a proper water bottle. Having one close to hand to stave off dehydration when mowing or working in dusty and hot conditions is good sense, really.

LengerichKA88
7 minutes ago, EricF said:

I'm surprised automotive-style 12volt/lighter sockets haven't made a comeback -- people could plug in one of those 12volt-to-USB adapter thingies to charge their ever-present cellphone while mowing. :roll: (Seriously, please don't text/facebook/whatever while running machinery... :naughty: )

The automotive-style cupholders probably started showing up as a "me too" thing once cars started getting them... they're not all that useful when bumping over the ground on a tractor. What would be more useful is a larger/deeper holder more like the ones used on bicycles to hold a proper water bottle. Having one close to hand to stave off dehydration when mowing or working in dusty and hot conditions is good sense, really.

I had actually thought about that, but I wanted to put a lighter in there lol. Once I saw that these came with lighters, I knew I was capable of million dollar ideas 😂

I don’t ever run the tractor while using my phone, but I do need to be reachable at all times. I have Bluetooth headphones that I leave in and on, so that I know who’s calling and if I need to dismount and answer. 

I do like the idea of a bicycle water bottle holder mounted to the tractor, maybe at an angle out of the way mounted on the side of the dash tower. 

Turftech

Sarge, The inside ends are bent down with two holes for screws or machine screws & nuts. 

Turftech

Sarge, The inside ends are bent down with two holes for screws or machine screws & nuts. 

ohiofarmer

Love this thread:happy-jumpeveryone:

Not to hijack the thread, but one fix for those little plastic straws that you keep losing on those carb spray cans is to tape a coffee stir straw to the side of the can to hold the red straw inside.  Just melt the bottom shut so the straw does not drop thru...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1