adsm08

New Guy Looking for Info

adsm08

So last Sunday I picked up a 1965 855 sold at "Not running, has electrical problems" to replace my 2011 JD D100. The extent of the electrical issues I have found and/or repaired so far are a 10 year old battery, some oxidized battery cable ends, and the wire to the lights is broken. Heck, even the cig lighter works.

It has some apparently rare options that I am looking for info on. I have been in and out of this site all week while I brought her back to life after sitting for 9 years.

So far I have cooked/cleaned/soft rebuild on the carb, cleaned out the gas tank, new lines, new belts to the deck and blades, grease, battery, and blade sharpening. I even got to mow a little bit with it today. 

imBRWh7.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                      I just responded to your other post, now I can see that it is the HY-3 lift you have.              The link I posted will get you to the parts you need.   Here it is again.   https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/hydraulics.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Nice job with that horse rescue.

Love those little 8 Horse engines.

Welcome to Redsquare!!

adsm08

Thanks guys.

I've loved these things for years. My dad bought one new in 88 and still has it, and that thing just keeps coming, so I've been on the look out for a good one for a while, basically since the warranty on my JD ran out. 

This one really caught my attention because I have a large shared driveway, and the guy who lived in the other house who would usually get a plow truck from his buddy to clear it moved out at the beginning of the year, so I had to shovel the whole thing myself all winter, which takes about an hour to remove anything up to a 1/4 inch. My wife was browsing and saw "Old WheelHorse with plow" and I was like "Sold!".

• Excellent 1

Sparky

Welcome!!  

Shoveling snow is for the birds :lol:...you made the right move!

AMC RULES

Dillsburg Pa? 

Here's the best info I can share with a new :wh: owner. 

WHCC 2019 tractor show.pdf

:greetings-wavingyellow: See you there!

• Thanks 1

rjg854

:WRS: and as you've all ready found out, this is a good place for answers and most any kind of help you would need for keeping a :wh: alive and well.

adsm08
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Welcome!!  

Shoveling snow is for the birds :lol:...you made the right move!

I have a Craftsman/MTD blower, but it isn't great. I bought it knowing it probably needed a carb (I was right) but got it running well enough to get through winter.  The problem is it has the smaller discharge, so if the snow is even a little wet you make ice bricks instead of throw snow.

30 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Dillsburg Pa? 

Here's the best info I can share with a new :wh: owner. 

WHCC 2019 tractor show.pdf 537.39 kB · 1 download

:greetings-wavingyellow: See you there!

That's the one. Biglerville isn't far from Gettysburg, and I sit right on 15 a little south of the halfway point between Harrisburg and Gettysburg.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Bring you new :wh: to the sea of :wh: red that gathers there every June. 

adsm08
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Bring you new :wh: to the sea of :wh: red that gathers there every June. 

I doubt I will drag the Horse down with me, but I will be there looking for parts. 

• Like 1

jay bee

I'm a little late but  :text-welcomewave: to  :rs: