HorseFixer

Dukes 1956 RJ-35 Restoration

Duff

Lookin' really good, Duke, but like the fellas said - be sure to pace yourself!

Jim (Linen Beige) has in his siggy, "Don't that red look good against the bluegrass?"

Looking at your pictures, I gotta add, "Don't that stainless look good against that red?"

Duff :omg:

HorseFixer

Have been doing more assembly a little bit every day. I have hooked up yje brakes & shifter linkages and lift lever and cables. I also installed the steering columb and painted with my airbrush anyways Im starting to get down twords the end. Looks like I will assemble the engine tomarrow and I am thinking by the weekend and a little luck will get it running :omg: Here are some pics.

56RJRESTO349.jpg

56RJRESTO350.jpg

56RJRESTO352.jpg

56RJRESTO354.jpg

56RJRESTO357.jpg

56RJRESTO360.jpg

56RJRESTO362.jpg

KyBlue

Looks Good Duke

bell

As always Duke, it looks GREAT!!!

Are those tri ribs the same ones that Morrow Tire Supply sells on ebay? I ordered a set for a Suburban project, but I think they'll find their way onto the RJ. :omg:

Eriks Red horse herd

Getting this close to finishing I wouldn't sleep much until it was done! But with your situation lately I know you have to pace yourself. Its just got to be killing you!

You know the old Carley Simons Song " Anticipation its making me wait". Keep up the good work the day will come when she rev's back to life.

Suburban 550

Absolutely a Beauty. :drool: Great Job My Friend. I knew you could do it. :omg:

HorseFixer

As always Duke, it looks GREAT!!!

Are those tri ribs the same ones that Morrow Tire Supply sells on ebay? I ordered a set for a Suburban project, but I think they'll find their way onto the RJ. :omg:

Thanks Guys! :drool: Yes Jon I purchased those tires from Morrows it helps when ya buy a couple sets cause it saves on shipping. Now another one of Dukes Tricks! The tires are shipped all funky looking twisted and stuff. Take the tubes and put them in the tires off the rims and inflate them! This will swell the tires out. This will also make them easyier to mount and will take the twist out of them! Do this as soon as you get them. :drool: Trust me it works!

bell

Thanks Duke! That should save some frustration... :omg:

Stigian

Nice work Duke, the paint looks great :omg:

Thanks for the handy tire/tube tip/trick :drool:

HorseFixer

Well got the hood on and mounted, was gonna mount the gastank but ran into a snafoo. The original gas tank that came with this tractor had holes in it when Brian blasted it. I grabbed another tank painted it and yesterday when trying to mount I realized the spout fill neck is about 3/4" off and causes to not be able to catch the second support strap underneath the hood! And also the gas tank fitting is on the opposite end of the tank! :omg: Well no problem I have another tank but ordered a POR-15 Gas tank sealer kit just to be sure to make sure it is sealed up good :drool: Any ways heres The Hood mounted and just had to booger up the shifter what ya think? Should I stay with the stock Knob Or The Skeleton Thingy? :drool:

56RJRESTO369.jpg

56RJRESTO370.jpg

56RJRESTO374.jpg

56RJRESTO375.jpg

56RJRESTO376.jpg

56RJRESTO371.jpg

bell

Duke, it looks FANTASTIC!!! I think I'd use the stock style shifter though... JMHO.

Looking forward to driving... er, uh... I mean seeing it at the show! :omg:

Eriks Red horse herd

Definitely the stock Knob! I just don't see the old girl as a hot rod!

But your definitely Making strides. Keep up the good work!

KyBlue

Duke any updates?? Get the motor on it? Any pics of you zippin around the yard on it??

HorseFixer

Duke any updates?? Get the motor on it? Any pics of you zippin around the yard on it??

Yep Scotty I am starting to wind down. I got the engine on and started adjusting everything. I did go for a ride on it this afternoon with a portable plastic gas tank with gas line running thru the hood with socks on as not to scuff the paint on the foot rests :drool: what a sight that musta been :drool: The gas tank that I am using is now coated with POR-15 gas tank sealer (just to be sure) and will be painted red today that will be able to be installed by mid week. I have to install the toggle kill switch and do a little paint touch up here and there but she is in pretty good shape. So what ya think? :omg:

56RJRESTO383.jpg

56RJRESTO382.jpg

• Like 1

Buzz

she is in pretty good shape. So what ya think?

It's too shiny, it hurts my eyes. :omg:

Suburban 550

Nothin' wrong with that job. :omg: Guess you can't wait to start the next one. :drool:

Duff

Dang, that's some nice! :omg:

Duff :drool:

Coadster32

Doesn't look like your typical home job. Great work!! :omg: :drool:

KyBlue

Ya done good Duke.. You should be proud (I'm sure you are) :drool: you deserve a bit of... :omg: :drool:

d180man

Hi very nice job looks like new !! :omg::drool: for the photos love looking at them!! :drool:

TJ

Excellent! :omg:

jusjeepn

Looks awesome Duke! I'd be afraid to ride it let alone use it! You are gonna use it aren't ya? :omg:

HorseFixer

Thanks guys! I painted the Gas Tank last night with the badger air brush and did some touch ups. This morning I installed the gas tank, It will have to sit for a couple more days to let the inside of the tank cure. instructions say 96 hrs before filling with fuel. Gosh I cant believe it :drool: The gas tank actually fit, and didn't hit the steering columb shaft! jeesh wonders never seam to cease :drool: The last picture gives a pretty good indication on how the gas tank support fits with the tank and straps that surround it. :omg:

56RJRESTO386.jpg

56RJRESTO388.jpg

56RJRESTO389.jpg

56RJRESTO392.jpg

HorseFixer

Looks awesome Duke! I'd be afraid to ride it let alone use it! You are gonna use it aren't ya? :omg:

Well pat when ya say use it I guess ya mean at shows and so forth. Yes she is now a retired trailer queen, however she will be used in parades and so forth. :drool:

Suburban 550

Duke, could it be the 5 universal joints you used on the steering shaft to clear the gas tank? :omg: Good thing you only needed 5. :drool: